We have published several tutorials for almost each variant of Samsung Galaxy S5, Like T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, Canadian, LTE the International variant and so on. This page is absolutely dedicated to Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting tutorials and will be updated on regular basis as they updates are released.
Rooting your Android device gives you endless opportunities to get most out of your device, like Installing Custom Recovery, Custom ROM, Mods and Kernels which helps you to further boost the performance of your device. Once rooted you can also install apps from Google Play Store which requires root access.
We most of the time use the CF-Root root method developed by the Chainfire, a recognized XDA developer and contributor. This method is safe and perfect way to root android device and is this is almost available for all Samsung devices. I will always recommend this method to my readers as this is the easiest and quick way to get rooted and additionally it does not requires rocket science knowledge and thus can also be called, OneClickRoot method as it uses Odin3 (Samsung Flashing Tool) to flash the rooted kernel and install SuperSU on your Galaxy S5.
Things you should know before Rooting:
- Rooting your Galaxy S5 will voids its manufacturer warranty, so think before you root your phone.
- You’ll need a windows based PC.
- Before Rooting, make sure you’ve installed USB drivers on your PC.
- From Settings enable USB debugging. Don’t know? Learn Here
- Make sure that you’ve got good enough battery charge on your phone, at least 50% is recommended.
- Last but not the least proceed at your own risk.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 All Variants
As I said earlier, this is a dedicated page for Rooting almost any model of Samsung Galaxy S5, and I have published a step by step guide for each variant separately. Links are given below to root for specific variant of Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F (International Qualcomm)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H (International Exynos)
- T-Mobile US Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T
- US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Canada SM-G900W8
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T1 (Metro PCS)
- Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V
- AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A
Variants of Galaxy S5 waiting for Root:
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
UPDATE: Finally XDA recognized developer has rooted the AT&T and Verizon variants of Samsung Galaxy S5. You can now easily root your phone.
Don’t worry!! these devices will be rooted very soon..
For all future releases and updates related to Rooting Galaxy S5 keep visiting this page, as we will be continuously updating this page is new updates are released for the Galaxy S5. Currently Rooting Tutorials for all variants of Galaxy S5 is still not available, Once made available by Chainfire, we’ll very quickly publish it so that you’re able to safely and successfully root your device.
If you do have queries or confused do let us know in the comment section, and we’ll try our best to respond as quickly as possible. For more Android tips and tutorials, keep visiting. If you’ve found this page useful, share it with your friends who may have got the same device. Also do not forget to share your views and feedback.