Finally, the Verizon variant of Samsung Galaxy S5 has been rooted. You can easily get rooted within a few seconds. The AT&T and Verizon users of Galaxy S5 have waited so long for this moment, but finally, the working root method has arrived. Thanks to the recognized developer GEOHOT, who has released a tool which can easily root your Verizon version of Galaxy S5. He has already confirmed on the Xda forum.
If you were anxiously waiting for the root method, here is the exact step-by-step procedure on how to get root access using the tool called towelroot.
Also read: Samsung FRP bypass
Rooting your phone does voids warranty and therefore proceed at your own risk.
Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V
- First, download the latest version of the towelroot app from HERE.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to PC via the USB cable and Copy the apk file.
- Go to Settings > Security and check the Unknown Sources.
- Now navigate to the storage directory where you’ve placed the apk file.
- Install it.
- Launch the towelroot app.
- Tap on the make it ra1n.
- Wait for the rooting process to complete. When done, your phone will automatically reboot.
- To install SuperSU app which grants root permission to your device. Download it from HERE.
- Unzip the folder and copy the Superuser.apk from the Common folder to your phone.
- Just like the other apk file, install it.
- That’s it; you’ve now successfully rooted the Verizon Galaxy S5.
- To verify root access, you can also install the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.
- Also, do not forget to update the SuperSU binary from the Play Store.
- Congratulations!! Your Verizon Galaxy S5 has successfully been rooted.
Finally thanks to the legendary Xda developer Geohot who has developed the easiest way to get rooted. You can also donate him at the towelroot.com through PayPal. Do not forget to share your experience in the comment section below. For more rooting tutorials keep visiting.