Our series of Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 all variants continuous and today we’re going to learn how to root Metro PCS variant of Galaxy S5 with model number of SM-G900T1. Currently only the CF-Rooting method by ChainfireXDA works, so will be using it in our step by step guide to root galaxy s5. Definitely it is the easiest, quick and safe way to gain root access, however this method trip knox on your device but there is nothing to be worried about it as this issue can be resolved later after you’ve successfully got rooted. Let’s move on to get started.
Rooting your Android phone always voids warranty!! Root at your own risk.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Metro PCS model number SM-G900T1 with USB cable
- Window based PC with Samsung USB drivers installed. If Samsung Kies is already installed, that’s good otherwise Download USB Drivers.
- CF-Auto-Root package – CF-Auto-Root-kltemetropcs-kltemetropcs-smg900t1.zip
- Odin3 application is also required but that comes with CF-Root package.
- Go to Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB debugging.
- Before you start rooting your phone, make sure that you’ve got good enough battery charge on your phone.
- Last but not the least, Carefully read and follow the instructions and do not skip any step!!
If in case you’ve messed up the APN settings on your Galaxy S5, you can learn using our guide how to configure MetroPCS apn settings on Galaxy S5.
How to Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900T1 Using CF-Auto Root
Step 1: First download the required packages to your PC and unzip the files to a suitable location.
Step 2: Run Odin3 v3.07.
Step 3: Reboot your Galaxy S5 into ‘Download Mode’ using the steps explained below:
- Power off
- Holds the Volume Down+Menu+Power buttons for a few seconds till you see a warning message on the screen.
- Hit the Volume Up key to continue.
Step 4: Connect your Galaxy S5 to PC via the USB data cable and check that Odin3 detects your device.
Step 5: Click on the ‘PDA’ button and select the CF-Auto-Root-kltemetropcs-kltemetropcs-smg900t1.tar.md5 rooted kernel file from the unzipped folder.
Step 6: Next, Click the ‘Start’ button to flash the on Galaxy S5 which will install SuperSU app and stock recovery.
Step 7: Wait for a while, Once it completes, Odin3 will notify you via the PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
Step 8: That’s it! Now once your phone reboots, Check that SuperSU has been installed. Open Google Play Store, search for ‘Root Checker’ App, install it and launch to verify to root access.
Congratulations!! Your Metro PCS Samsung Galaxy S5 has successfully been rooted.
How to fix ‘Unfortunately SuperSU has stopped’
- Download and install the latest APK of SuperSU on your Galaxy tablet
- Open SuperSU app (Update the binary if prompted) and allow it to disable Knox
- Reboot the device.
This is how you can root your phone as well. Do not forget to share your experience with us and feel free to ask if you do have queries. For more updates and tutorials keep visiting.