Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870 has received official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update. Following this the step-by-step tutorial you can learn how to use Odin to install the latest update.
The update was released via OTA (over-the-air) and currently is not made available worldwide. You can check the software updates by going to Settings > About device > Software update. If you’re getting up to date and still running Android KitKat you can follow the steps below to update your S5 active using Odin3.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- This update is only compatible with the Galaxy S5 Active model number SM-T870.
- Backup all your important data stored on your device using Android backup apps.
- Download Android 5.0.2 lollipop G870WVLU1BOE1 stock firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3.10 for Windows and Jodin3 for Mac.
- Go to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB debugging.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers
Update GALAXY S5 Active SM-G870W using Odin
Step 1: Download the required update files and unzip on your desktop.
Step 2: Power off your device and reboot into download mode; Press and hold down the Volume down + Menu + Power keys simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds. Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin v3.10.
Step 4: Connect your device to PC using the USB cable.
Step 5: Hit the AP button and select the tar.md5 file.
During this your PC might hang for a while, just have patience and let Odin3 handle everything.
Step 6: Leave the Odin3 default settings.
Step 7: Finally hit the Start button to flash the Android 5.0.2 stock firmware.
Step 8: Depending on your system, it usually takes 6 minutes to flash stock firmware. When completed your phone will automatically reboots and Odin will show you with PASS! notification confirming that your Galaxy S5 Active has successfully been updated to latest firmware.
Note: For the first time your phone might take more time to boot, just wait. You’ll also notice your phone might be become slow after the update, all you’ve to do is hard reset your phone by booting into Recovery Mode; Wipe data & Factory reset and delete all caches should make your phone smooth and faster than before.
You may also like to check out:
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Tips & Tricks
- How to root Galaxy S5
- How to AT&T Unlock Galaxy S5
- How to update Galaxy S5 using Kies