Updating your Galaxy S5 to the latest firmware will improve the performance and software stability of your device, it also makes your device faster. In this basic step-by-step android guide we are going to learn how to use Samsung Kies utility to update your Galaxy S5 to the latest firmware available for your specific carrier and model number. This guide is specifically for all models of Galaxy S5, AT&T, Sprint,Verizon, T-Mobile and the international variant.
Kies is a great utility application by Samsung which helps you to Sync, Backup/Restore and update your phone. It is available for both Windows and Mac users. Follow the instructions below to update your galaxy s5.
Update Galaxy S5 with Kies
- Download and install the latest version of Kies on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to PC via the USB cable and wait for Kies to install the necessary drivers.
- Under the connected device tab select your device.
- Click on the Basic information tab which will show your device information like the firmware version and if there is any update available, it will show that.
- If the latest update is available for Galaxy S5, then using the Backup/Restore option take full backup of your existing data.
- Now you can easily move on and hit the Firmware upgrade button to update your phone.
- Accept the terms and conditions and make sure that you’ve good speed of WiFi network while updating your phone.
- Once the firmware update is downloaded and installed on your phone, it will then automatically reboots.
- Cheers!! Your phone has been updated successfully.
That’s it folks! It was all you needed to learn on how to update your Galaxy S5 to the latest firmware update via the Samsung Kies. Hopefully everything went out perfect on the other side, do let us know and share your views in the comment section. For further Android guides keep visiting.