Today Samsung released an unexpected update for its flagship device, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which is the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official OTA update, for which many of you have been waiting and dreaming, it has finally released in the Poland region and soon within a week other regions will get soon the update, so keep an eye on your device for an update notification, it can be anytime coming on its way to your home 😛 I know many of you, just can’t wait and would want to update your Galaxy Note 3 as soon as possible, don’t worry folks, we can help you with that. Follow the below complete step by step tutorial to manually update your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Snapdragon to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUENA6 Firmware.
- Device: Galaxy Note 3 (Snapdragon 800)
- Model: SM-N9005
- OS: Android KitKat 4.4.2
- Build Date: 09.01.2014
- PDA: N9005XXUENA6
- CSC: N9005OXXENA5
- Modem: N9005XXUENA2
- Changelist: 340325
- Region: XEO (Poland)
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Update Guide is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (Snapdragon 800), therefore do not apply this update on another variant.
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked. It is compatible for both users: Rooted and Non-Rooted. However You’ll loose root access but there is nothing to be worried about that, We’re soon going to release a tutorial for that
- Make sure that you’ve installed USB Drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is installed that is ok, otherwise Download From Here.
- Go to Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging.
- Before you start updating your Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, Check your phone battery status.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk. Firmware has been tested and is confirmed to be working fine.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware XXUENA6 Update for Galaxy Note 3 (Snapdragon) (SM-N9005) .
- Download the latest version of Odin.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using the Official Firmware Update
Step 1. First of all extract the XEO-N9005XXUENA6-20140113093221.zip on your desktop.
Step 2. I assume that you’ve successfully installed USB Drivers on your PC.
Step 3. Also unzip the Odin file and Run it.
Step 4. Next, Reboot your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode:
– Press and Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for a few seconds and release it when you see a warning message on your screen.
– Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.
Step 5. Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable, check that Odin has recognized your device, the ID:COM port will either turn yellow or blue depending on the version of Odin you’re using. You’ll also notice Added!! in the Message section of Odin.
Step 6. Only check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and rest leave the default Odin settings.
Step 7. Select the following files in Odin from the unzipped firmware folder:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file.
Note – First of all there should be files with above names otherwise if not then ignore such files.
Step 8. After selecting the files correctly hit the START button to start flashing the Android 4.4.2 firmware update on your phone.
Step 9. It will not take more than 3 to 4 minutes, depending on your PC and device. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you via the successful message, which PASS!!.
You Also Read: How to Root Galaxy Note 3 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat?
Congrats! Your Galaxy Note 3 has successfully been Updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Enjoy the new Features of KitKat and do not forget to share your experience with us. If you do need further support, feel free to ask and we shall try our best to respond as quickly as possible. Find it Useful? Give us a favor using the below buttons and share it with your friends. For More Updates and Tutorials do not forget to visit us back.