The SM-G900F variant of the Galaxy S5 has finally received official Android 5.0 Lollipop update. You can use the step-by-step tutorial to update your phone to latest Android OS available for the particular model.
As we all know, Samsung is very slow when it comes to releasing Android OS updates for their flagship devices. Right now Android 6.0 Marshmallow is the latest version, but we still don’t have a clue from Samsung updates when it is going to be made available for the Galaxy S5.
To check software updates on Galaxy S5 SM-G900F, Go to phone Settings > About device > Software update. If you’re still running Android 4.4.4 KitKat, then follow the below step by step guide to update your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Android 5.0 Lollipop G900FZHU1BOL1 firmware.
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- This update is only compatible with Galaxy S5 model no SM-G900F so don’t try to update if you’ve another variant.
- Backup all your critical data stored in your device storage using Android backup apps.
- Your device must charge up to 60% to 70%.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB debugging.
- Download Android 5.0 Lollipop G900FZHU1BOL1 stock firmware.
- Download Odin3 for Windows and jOdin3 if you’re using Mac.
- Ensure that you’ve installed Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
How to Update Galaxy S5 SM-G900F
Step 1: Download the required update files and unzip on your desktop.
Step 2: Power off your device and reboot into download mode; Press and hold down the Volume down + Menu + Power keys simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds.Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin v3.10.
Step 4: Connect your device to PC using the USB cable.
Step 5: Hit the AP button and select the tar.md5 file.
During this your PC might hang for a while, just have patience and let Odin3 handle everything.
Step 6: Leave the Odin3 default settings.
Step 7: Finally hit the Start button to flash the Android 5.0 Lollipop stock firmware.
Step 8: Depending on your system, it usually takes 6 minutes to flash stock firmware. When completed your phone will automatically reboot and Odin will show you with PASS! Notification is confirming that your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F has successfully been updated to latest firmware.
Note: For the first time your phone might take more time to boot, just wait. You’ll also notice your phone might become slow after the update, all you’ve to do is hard reset your phone by booting into Recovery Mode; Wipe data & Factory reset and delete all caches should make your phone smooth and faster than before.