Samsung Galaxy A7 700FD gets official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update. Follow the step-by-step tutorial and learn how to update your device to latest version of Android OS.
Many of you may be expecting Android 6.0 Marshmallow update but currently, Samsung has no plans for A7 users. An update has been spotted with the firmware build A700FDXXU1BOK1. You can check the latest software updates by going to phone Settings > About device > Software update.
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- This update is only compatible with Galaxy A7 model no SM-A700FD so don’t try to update if you’ve other variant.
- Backup all your important data stored in your device storage using Android backup apps.
- Your device must charged up to 60% to 70%.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB debugging.
- Download Android 5.0.2 lollipop A700FDXXU1BOK1 stock firmware.
- Download Odin3 for Windows and jOdin3 if you’re using Mac.
- Ensure that you’ve installed Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Update Galaxy S5 SM-A700FD to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Step 1: Download the required update files and unzip on your desktop.
Step 2: Power off your device and reboot into download mode; Press and hold down the Volume down + Menu + Power keys simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds.Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin v3.10.
Step 4: Connect your device to PC using the USB cable.
Step 5: Hit the AP button and select the tar.md5 file.
During this your PC might hang for a while, just have patience and let Odin3 handle everything.
Step 6: Leave the Odin3 default settings.
Step 7: Finally hit the Start button to flash the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop stock firmware.
Step 8: Depending on your system, it usually takes 6 minutes to flash stock firmware. When completed your phone will automatically reboots and Odin will show you with PASS! notification confirming that your Galaxy A7 SM-A700FD has successfully been updated to latest firmware.
Note: For the first time your phone might take more time to boot, just wait. You’ll also notice your phone might be become slow after the update, all you’ve to do is hard reset your phone by booting into Recovery Mode; Wipe data & Factory reset and delete all caches should make your phone smooth and faster than before.