Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F has recently received Android 5.0.2 update. Here is the complete step by step guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F using Odin3.
The update isn’t available worldwide, Although you can check software updates by going to Settings > About device > Software update. If you’re getting update and still running Android 4.4.4 then follow the below step by step guide to update your Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F to Android 5.0.2.
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- This update is only compatible with Galaxy Core Prime model no SM-G360F so don’t try to update if you’ve other variant.
- Backup all your important data stored in your device storage using Android backup apps.
- Your device must charged up to 60% to 70%.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB debugging.
- Download Android 5.0.2 lollipop G360FXXU1BPA1 stock firmware.
- Download Odin3 for Windows and jOdin3 if you’re using Mac.
- Ensure that you’ve installed Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Update Samsung Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Step 1: Download the required update files and unzip on your desktop.
Step 2: Power off your device and reboot into download mode; Press and hold down the Volume down + Menu + Power keys simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds.Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin v3.10.
Step 4: Connect your device to PC using the USB cable.
Step 5: Hit the AP button and select the tar.md5 file.
During this your PC might hang for a while, just have patience and let Odin3 handle everything.
Step 6: Leave the Odin3 default settings.
Step 7: Finally hit the Start button to flash the Android 5.0.2 stock firmware.
Step 8: Depending on your system, it usually takes 6 minutes to flash stock firmware. When completed your phone will automatically reboots and Odin will show you with PASS! notification confirming that your Galaxy Core Prime SM-G360F has successfully been updated to latest firmware.
Note: For the first time your phone might take more time to boot, just wait. You’ll also notice your phone might be become slow after the update, all you’ve to do is hard reset your phone by booting into Recovery Mode; Wipe data & Factory reset and delete all caches should make your phone smooth and faster than before.
You May Also Like to Read: