CyanogenMod 11 is based on Android 4.4 KitKat and these days, it is the demand and wish of every Android user to get it on their respective devices. All Nexus devices have been updated to KitKat and also the Google Edition of HTC One and Galaxy S4 has got official OTA updates. Other have to wait for almost 2 to 3 months in order to taste it but that is too long! isn’t it? So what you should do? Custom ROMs are only the way to get it on your device. CyanogenMod Custom ROM are highly customized and optimized and they’ve started releasing the Android 4.4 KitKat Nightly Builds for a number of Android phones and tablets. Fortunately, it is available for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and you can follow the instructions below to download and install the Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM for T-Mobile Galaxy S3.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Custom ROM installation Guide is for T-Mobile Galaxy S3. Do not try to flash it on another variant of GS3, it may brick your phone.
2. You need to have Rooted GS3 with Custom Recovery installed. It is compatible with both ClockworkMod and TWRP Recovery. Make sure you’ve installed the latest version of Recovery. If your phone is still not rooted, Follow this tutorial.
3. When installing Custom ROM, it is always wise, to Backup your Contacts, SMS, Photos and other content you may have.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging from Settings> Developers Options.
5. Before the installation process, double check your phone battery status and make sure it is enough.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 11 Nightly build for T-Mobile GS3.
2. Click Here to Download GApps package for Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROMs.
How to Flash CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Build for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3
1. Via the USB Cable connect your phone to PC and without extracting transfer the downloaded files to the root storage of your phone external or internal storage.
2. Next, Switch off your phone and Reboot it into Recovery Mode.
3. It is highly recommended that you take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM. Don’t Know? Learn Here
4. Actually Nandroid Backup will create Restore point for your current ROM and Settings, and if in any case you’re unable to successfully flash the ROM, then using the Nandroid Backup you’ll be able to Restore Back.
5. Now using the Recovery Options, Take the following actions:
– Wipe data/Factory reset
– Wipe cache partition
– Go to Advance and Wipe dalvick cache
6. Now go back to main menu of Recovery Options on your phone.
7. Next, Choose the option, ‘Install Zip from SD card’ or ‘Install’ on (TWRP Recovery) and Select the CM11 Zip Update Package you’ve just transferred earlier to your SD Card.
8. Finally wait for your device to completely flash the CM11 on your Galaxy S3. Once it gets completed then follow the same procedure and Install the GApps zip package which will installs the Google Apps on your phone as CyanogenMod does not come with these apps.
9. At last, When all steps are successfully completed, Reboot your phone using the Reboot or Reboot System Now option from the main Recovery Menu, and wait for it to Reboot normally. It can take up to 5 mins, but don’t worry, it is just normal.
That’s it folks, it was all you needed to know in order to successfully install the CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Build, Hopefully on the other side things went smooth for you, without experiencing any errors, if you do, let us know in the comment section. You can also share your experience. For more Android Stuff do not forget to visit us back.
Couple of questions: 1) Does it work with Android 4.1.2? 2) Does Cyanogenmod have to be compatible with a certain version of clockworkmod in order to work?
A good question!! Yep it works on Android 4.1.2 but you need to have root access with Custom Recovery installed. Now to flash the KitKat Custom ROM you need to have the latest version of CWM or TWRP otherwise you’ll get error 7.
Thanks for the answer!
When I try to install the latest nightly build I get error status 7. How do I fix this?