Slim has released the latest Custom ROM for the LTE variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. Follow this step-by-step tutorial and learn how to flash custom rom on your Note 3.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 rooted with the latest version Custom recovery installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP).
- Take Nandroid backup your phone data before you proceed further.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developers options available under Settings.
- Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge. At least 70% battery charged is recommended to avoid uncertain shutdown while the flashing process.
- Last but the not the least carefully read and follow the instructions to safely update your Note 3 using Custom ROM.
Update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using Slim ROM
1. First of all, Connect your phone to PC and transfer the downloaded Slim Lollipop ROM and GApps zip files to your device.
2. Reboot your phone into Custom recovery. Here is how boot it:
- Turn Off your device.
- Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
3. Before making any changes, it’s recommended to take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and next you have to Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
4. Clear the system cache and factory reset it to prepare your phone for new installations.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is ready for the installation of Android 5.1.1 lollipop Custom ROM.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select Slim ROM Custom ROM zip package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option, after that select the Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the CyanogenMod stable ROM is successfully flushed , using the same method, as in Step 5, flash the GApps zip file.
7. Finally when you’ve successfully flushed the ROM and GApps packages, now reboot your phone using the recovery options, Reboot system now or Reboot.