This is a detailed step by step guide on how to root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 t999 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. We’ll be using CF-Root method to gain root access. It is the only safe, easiest and quickest way to get rooted. Odin v3.09 will be used to flash the rooted kernel. We’ve been discussing the advantages on rooting your Android and hopefully you’re aware of, in short rooting allows you to install apps from Google Play Store which requires root, you can also Flash Custom ROM, Mods and Kernels via Custom Recovery. Without a further delay, let’s move on to get started.
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 with USB data cable
- CF-Root zip package (Download HERE)
- Also download Odin3 v3.09 Flashing Utility
- Make sure that you’ve installed USB drivers on your PC.
- Go to Phone Settings>Developers Options and Enable USB debugging.
- Before you start rooting your phone, make sure that you’ve got good enough battery charge.
- Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
How to Root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999) on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
1. First of all, extract the CF-Auto-Root-d2tmo-d2tmo-sght999.zip and Odin v3.09 files to a new folder on your desktop.
2. Now from the extracted folder run Odin3-v3.o9 application on your PC.
3. Next Reboot your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 into Download Mode:
- Turn Off Galaxy S3.
- Press and Hold down the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time till you see a warning on your screen.
- Further hit the Volume Up button to continue.
4. While in download mode connect your GS3 to PC via the USB data cable. Just make sure that Odin3 detects your device.
5. Also make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Times options are checked and rest leave the default Odin settings.
6. Finally click the PDA button and from the extracted folder select the CF-Rooted kernel file and hit the START to flash the kernel.
7. Wait for Odin3, When completed, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! message in Odin and at this stage your phone will automatically reboots.
8. Once normally booted, Check that SuperSU has been installed. To verify root access, Open Google Play Store app on your phone and install “Root Checker“. Once installed run to make sure your phone is rooted.
Congratulations!! Your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 has successfully been rooted running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware.
You can enjoy full root access to your phone. Additionally you can also install apps which requires root access and at the same time you can get rid of the stock apps, if you really want using the Titanium Backup app. If you’re planning to install Custom ROM or Mods then definitely you’ve to install custom recovery, the easiest way would be to install ROM Manager, which will then help you to flash Custom Recovery, TWRP or ClockworkMod, depending on your choice.
Do not forget to leave your feedback in the comment section below, Also if you’re having issues during the rooting process, do let us know for further support. For more Android Rooting Tutorials, keep visiting.