CyanogenMod 12.1 based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is now available for many Android devices including the Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500H variant.
CM12.1 is currently the unofficial Custom ROM for Galaxy E5 released by the recognized xda developer jackeagle. Almost all basic features are working except a few minor bugs. In this post I will guide using the step-by-step instructions how to safely install CyanogenMod 12.1 for the Galaxy E5 using the TWRP recovery.
You’ll need the latest version of TWRP recovery to flash the custom rom. If you don’t have, don’t worry as we have already covered it in our recent post over here.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This Custom ROM is only compatible with Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500H having installed the latest version of TWRP recovery.
- Also make sure you’ve installed the stock 5.1.1 rom.
- Take Nandroid backup your phone data before you proceed further.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developers options available under Settings.
- Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge. It’s recommended to have 70% battery charged to avoid uncertain shutdown during the flashing process.
- Last but the not the least carefully read and follow the instructions to safely update Galaxy E5 using CM 12.1
Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM for Galaxy E5 E900H
1. First of all, Connect your phone to PC and transfer the downloaded ROM and GApps zip files to your device.
2. Reboot your phone into Custom recovery. Here is how boot it:
- Turn Off your device.
- Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
3. It is highly recommended that you should take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM, before making any changes.
Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files that you want to Backup.
4. Clear the system cache and factory reset to prepare your phone for new installations.
Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally Galaxy E5 is ready for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM.
Tap the ‘Install’ option, after that select the Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the CyanogenMod stable ROM is successfully flushed , use the same method, as in Step 5, to flash the GApps zip file.
7. Finally when you’ve successfully flushed the ROM and GApps packages, now reboot your phone using the recovery options, Reboot system now or Reboot.