CyanogenMod firmware based on android 4.4.4 OS is now available for Sony Xperia Z. the new firmware is called CM 11 M9 and it is based on the AOSP Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS.
With new firmware you will be able to enhance the performance of your device. You will get new customization, features such as double tap to sleep feature, improve torch performance, spam notification filtering, data usage, Bluetooth enhancements, new email, translation option, performance tweaks and many more.
Before updating your Xperia Z there are some requirements you need to complete.
1. Warranty of your device will not remain valid once the new custom ROM is successfully installed in the device.
2. You must have rooted device for this procedure.
3. The new CyanogenMod Android 4.4.4 KitKat update has to be flashed on the Sony Xperia Z Ultra AKA Togari version only. Prohibit installing the same on any other false device,
4. To verify your device go to setting>about device>model number.
5. Create back up of all data. Installation of CM 11 ROM will clear all your memory.
6. Install the proper USB drivers to PC, these drivers’ help to recognize the device.
7. Make sure you have enough battery for the process.
Note: Do not progress if you are not sure what changes this process may bring to your device.
How to install the new CyanogenMod Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M9 custom ROM on Xperia Z Ultra device
1. Download the CM 11 M9 Custom ROM android 4.4 KitKat firmware file on your PC from HERE.
2. Now download and install the USB driver software.
3. Now connect your Xperia device to your PC.
4. Now copy and paste Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M9 custom ROM zip file in to device’s SD card root folder.
5. Make sure you have installed custom recovery image such as CWM or TWRP recovery.
6. Switch off your device and disconnect it from PC.
7. Boot the device into recovery mode by pressing and volume up,, home and power buttons at the same time.
8. Once device enters in recovery mode, clear all your data by selecting “wipe data/ factory reset”. Use volume keys to move up and down and power button to select.
9. Now clear the cache memory of device by tapping “wipe cache partition”.
10. Go to clockworkMod recovery and select advanced and then press on “wipe dalvik cache”.
11. Go back main recovery menu and press “install zip from SD card”.
12. Tap “chose zip SD card” and go to Android 4.4.4 ROM zip file in SD card and tap enter to start the flashing process. Do the same for installing Google apps.
13. Once installing procedure is done go “+++++Go Back+++++” and select reboot system now option from recovery menu.
Your device will successfully avail CyanogenMod Android v4.4.4 KitKat CM 11 M9 custom ROM.