You can now update Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using CM 13.
Indeed, it’s a good news for Galaxy S2 users as Samsung has officially stopped updates and is no longer receiving software updates but thanks to the guys at the CyanogenMod community they are still releasing latest Android updates for S2.
You’ll need the latest version of TWRP recovery to flash the custom rom. If you don’t have, don’t worry as we have already covered it in our recent post over here.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This Custom ROM is only compatible with Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 having installed the latest version of TWRP recovery.
- Take Nandroid backup your phone data before you proceed further.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developers options available under Settings.
- Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge. It is recommended to have your battery charged at least 70% to avoid uncertain shutdown during the flashing process.
Update Galaxy S2 i9100 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
1. First of all, Connect your phone to PC and transfer the downloaded ROM and GApps zip files to your device.
2. Reboot your phone into Custom recovery. Here is how boot it:
- Turn Off your device.
- Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
3. Before you make any changes it’s highly recommended that you should to take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM.
Tap the ‘Backup’ option and after that select the system partition files you want to Backup.
4. Clear the system cache and factory reset it to get your phone prepared new installations.
Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your phone is ready for update.
Tap the ‘Install’ option and after that select the Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Galaxy S2 is successfully installed, flash the GApps zip file, using the same method, as in Step 5.
7. Finally when you’ve successfully flushed the ROM and GApps packages, now reboot your phone using the recovery options, Reboot system now or Reboot.
That’s it! You’ve now updated Galaxy S2 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Enjoy the latest version of Android and features right on your Galaxy S2, don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comment section below.