Android 4.4.2 KitKat can now be installed on AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the Carbon Nightly Custom ROM. In this section you’ll find a detailed step by step guide on how to update AT&T Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using the Custom ROM. Carbon ROMs are Fast in performance, Simple in design and will run smooth on your android. You definitely will require root access and custom recovery in order to flash custom rom. In order to successfully update your device, it is highly recommended that you first read the guidelines and requirements section.
- The update tutorial is only for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II.
- Make sure that your Note 2 is already Rooted and the latest version of Custom Recovery ClockworkMod or TWRP is already installed.
- It is recommended that before updating your phone you perform full backup of your Android phone using Nandroid Backup. Learn Here
- Before you proceed for the update process, check that you’ve got enough battery charge.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk. Also this is nightly build and some features might not work.
Download the Required Files:
- Carbon Nightly Android 4.4.2 KitKat for AT&T Galaxy Note 2 (Scroll down and at the bottom you’ll find link to KitKat)
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4 KitKat ROM
How to Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
1. After downloading the files, transfer the Custom ROM and GApps zip packages to your device internal/external storage.
2. Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode. Here is how to boot AT&T Note 2 into Recovery Mode:
– Turn-off your Galaxy Note II.
– Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously and keep holding it till you see the Recovery Options on your screen.
3. The first thing you should do is to take Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM so that in case you later decided to switch back to your existing ROM, this will then help you to restore back.
4. Next, Factory Reset your device and clear the system cache in order to safely and successfully flash the ROM:
For CWM Recovery – ‘Wipe data/Factory Reset‘.
For TWRP Recovery – Just tap the ‘Wipe‘ button, further Factory Reset.
5. Your Galaxy Note 2 is now ready to be flash with Carbon KitKat Custom ROM.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘install zip from SD card‘ and select the Carbon Custom ROM zip file to flash it.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install‘ option and select the Custom ROM file to flash.
6. After the Carbon ROM is successfully flushed now use the same method (Step 5) to flash the GApps files which installs stock Android Google services like Google Search, Play Store etc.
7. Now when you’ve flushed the GApps also now head back to main menu and Reboot your Note using the option ‘Reboot’ or ‘Reboot System Now’.
8. That’s it folks!! You’ve have successfully updated AT&T Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using Carbon Nightly Custom ROM.
Note that for the first time, your device can take up to 5 minutes in order to optimize and initializes Apps.
It was all you needed to know and learn in order to safely and successfully install Custom ROM on AT&T Galaxy Note II using Custom Recovery. If in any case you’re still confused or having issues in flashing the ROM, feel free to leave a comment and we’ll try our best to respond as quickly as possible to resolve your issue. If find it useful, then leave a feedback and share it with your friends.