Finally last week the Samsung Galaxy S4 variant gt-i9500 got the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware update XXUFNB3. It was initially released in Russia, slowly and gradually other regions will also soon get the OTA update, however if your device is from Russia region then Go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update and you should see the system software update notification. For those of you who does not belong to Russia, follow the below step by step instructions to manually update your Galaxy S4 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
- Model: GT-i9500
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- PDA: I9500XXUFNB3
- CSC: I9500SERFNB3
- MODEM: I9500XXUFNA6
- Build Date: 13.02.2014
- Changelist: 699287
- Region: SER (Russia)
Before you update your phone manually, there are certain guidelines and requirements you should know in order to safely and successfully update your GS4:
- It is only for the variant of Samsung Galaxy S4 Model number GT-i9500.
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked.
- This guide can also be used to unroot your Galaxy S4 as it is the official firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings> Developers Options.
- Make sure you’ve installed the USB drivers on your PC.
- Flash at your own risk.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9500 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware Using Odin3
1. Download and unzip the Odin3 v3.07 and SER-I9500XXUFNB3-20140220172446.zip files.
2. Launch Odin3 v3.o7.
3. Reboot Galaxy S4 into ‘Download Mode’, Holds the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together for a few seconds and release the keys when you see the warning message on your screen. Hit the Volume Up key to continue.
4. While in download mode, connect your phone to PC via the USB cable.
– Wait for Odin to recognize your device.
– Only Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Times and rest leave the default settings.
5. Finally you’re one step away to flash kitkat official firmware on your Galaxy S4:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file.
Note – First of all there should be files with above names otherwise if not then ignore such files.
6. It can take up to 3 minutes, so patiently wait for it and once it gets completed, you’ll be given a PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
Congratulations!! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9500 has successfully been updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
You May Also Read – How to Root Galaxy S4 GT-i9500 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat?
You can enjoy the latest Android OS and its amazing features right on your phone, do let us know and share your feedback in the comment section below. If you do need further support, feel free to let us know. For More Updates stay tuned to Android Central.