The latest firmware update has been released officially for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102. The new XXUANB2 Firmware has improved features and minor bugs fixes. Update was released last week in Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia. If you’re from one of these regions, then probably you would have got the firmware update notification, if not then Go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update and you should get the software update, otherwise you can also follow this step by step manual update guide to install it on your phone using Odin3. This update tutorial is for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102, it does not matter if you’re from another region, the update still works, if you’ve got the same device. Let’s move on how to install it!
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos 2
- Model: SM-G7102
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- PDA: G7102XXUANB2
- CSC: G7102OLBANA1
- MODEM: G7102DXUANB1
- CHANGELIST: 2517037
- BUILD DATE: 13.02.2014
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos 2 SM-G7102
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked.
- This guide can also be used to Unroot Galaxy Grand Duos 2, as it is the official stock firmware.
- You’ll need USB drivers installed on your PC. If Samsung Kies is installed that’s OK, otherwise download drivers here.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings> Developers Options.
- Before you start installing the firmware, check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
How to Manually Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Official Firmware XXUANB2 on Galaxy Grand 2 DUOS (SM-G7102) Using Odin3
1. First download the following files:
2. Once files are downloaded, extract them on suitable location, probably desktop is the best location.
3. Turn Off your phone and boot it into ‘Download Mode’ by holding the “Volume Down+Home+Power” keys simultaneously for while and release when you see a warning message on your screen. Hit the Volume Up key to continue.
4. Connect your Galaxy Grand Duos 2 to PC via the USB cable.
– Wait for Odin to recognize your device.
– Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and rest leave the default settings.
5. Finally you’re one step away to flash official firmware update file:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file.
Note – First of all there should be files with above names otherwise if not then ignore such files.
6. Wait for Odin3 to flash the update file, once it gets completed, you’ll be given a PASS!! message on Odin3 screen and your phone will automatically reboots.
Congratulations!! Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos 2 has successfully been updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware Build XXUANB2. Enjoy and share with what changes and improvements have you noticed so far? For more Update tutorials keep visiting Android Central.