Android 4.4.2 KitKat Nightly Custom ROM has been officially released by CyanogenMod team for Samsung Galaxy S3 international. If you’re looking for a best Custom ROM, then it is the only option with minimum bugs as most the time, other custom roms are most of the time based on CyanogenMod and it is the leader, when it comes to Custom Android OS. Follow the complete step by step update tutorial to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your GS3 using CM11 Nightly Build. Definitely to Flash Custom ROM, You’ll first need to have Root Access and Custom Recovery Installed.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- First of all the update file is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300, therefore do not apply this update on another variant, it may brick your device.
- You need to have Root Access as well as Custom Recovery already installed. ClockworkMod or TWRP both are compatible but make sure you’re using the latest version.
- Flashing Custom ROM will wipe and erase all data stored on your internal storage, it is therefore recommended to Backup your data, before you proceed, if you really have got important data.
- From Settings> Developers Options, Enable USB Debugging.
- You’ll need to have at least 60% battery charge before you move on for the update process.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-i9300) to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Build
1. Connect your phone PC and transfer the downloaded files to your sd card.
2. Disconnect your Phone and Reboot it into Custom Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
3. It is highly recommended that you take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, so that in case, you want to switch back to your current ROM and settings, it will help you to restore back.
You May Also read – How to perform and Restore Nandroid Backup
4. Now take the following actions to fully prepare your phone for New Custom ROM installations:
– wipe data/factory reset
– wipe cache partition
– Go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache
5. Finally you’re ready to flash the CyanogenMod 11 Nightly ROM.
– Select the option, install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard, and select the CyanogenMod 11 zip file and confirm to flash it.
6. CyanogenMod by default does not includes the Google Apps, Use the same method to Flash the GApps package which will ultimately install the Google Apps.
7. When all steps are completed successfully, Go back to main menu and select the Reboot or Reboot System Now option to reboot your phone.
8. Note that, when booting for the first time, it may take longer, up to 5mins, which is normal and is nothing to be worried about it.
That’s it folks, it was all you needed to know and learn in order to successfully flash the Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM on your Galaxy Samsung S3, Hopefully you have updated your phone and enjoying the latest features of KitKat without having to wait for the official OTA. However, if you do have any queries or need further support, feel free to leave a comment and we’ll try our best to help you. Find it Useful? If yes! then use the below sharing buttons and spread our word.