Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 has received another firmware update which is Android 4.3 XXUGNA5 with some minor improvements. I know many of you are still thinking of Android KitKat but who knows Samsung is going to release it for the Galaxy S3 users, for now you still have to play with the Android Jelly Bean. The update was initially released in Switzerland, and so far other regions has still not received the latest update, so I thought to post a tutorial on how to download and flash the latest firmware using Odin.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
- Model: GT-I9300
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Build Date: 16.01.2014
- Changelist: 2429075
- Region: AUT (Switzerland)
- The official I9300XXUGNA5 firmware update is only compatible with the variant of Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 therefore do not apply this update on another device, it can brick your phone.
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked.
- Guide is compatible for both users rooted and non rooted. In other words you can use this guide to Unroot Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Go to Settings and Enable USB Debugging from Developers options.
- Install USB Drivers for your phone on PC. If Samsung kies is installed that’s fine otherwise download here.
- Check your battery status before you start the updating process.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
How to: Installing Android 4.3 I9300XXUGNA5 Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S3
Step 1: First of all extract the AUT-I9300XXUGNA5-20140129183554.zip on your desktop.
Step 2: Unzip the Odin file and double click to launch it.
Step 3: Now, Reboot your phone into Download Mode:
– Press and Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for a few seconds and release it when you see a warning message on your screen.
– Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.
Step 4: Connect your Galaxy S3 to PC via the USB Cable, check that Odin has recognized your device, the ID:COM port will either turn yellow or blue depending on the version of Odin you’re using. You’ll also notice Added!! in the Message section of Odin.
Step 5: Only check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and rest leave the default Odin settings.
Step 6: Select the following files one by one in Odin from the unzipped firmware folder:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file.
Note – First of all there should be files with above names otherwise if not then ignore such files.
Step 7: After selecting the files correctly hit the START button to start flashing the Android 4.3 XXUGNA5 firmware update on your phone.
Step 8: It will not take more than 3 to 4 minutes, depending on your PC and device. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you via the successful message, which PASS!!.
That’s it folks! You’ve successfully learned how to manually install the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update Android 4.3 XXUGNA5 on Samsung Galaxy S3. Do let us know and share your experience in the comment section below, if you do need further support or have queries feel free to contact us. For Updates Tutorials stay tuned to the AndroidCentral.Us