Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is fabulous large display Android phone with dual SIM functionality, 8 mega pixel camera, long lasting battery and above all is available at affordable price. Last week, phone has officially received the official XWUANA1 Firmware update in some regions like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal and some other regions. The probability is that most of you may have issues with OTA, Samsung Kies or Your still haven’t received the update, in that case follow the step by step update tutorial and learn how to safely and successfully update your Galaxy Mega 5.8 to the latest Firmware to enjoy the best bugs free user experience.
Galaxy Mega 5.8
Guidelines and Requirements:
- The Update tutorial is only applicable for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152. Do not apply this update on another device or it may brick your phone.
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked. It is also compatible for Rooted users, but they will loose root as it is the official firmware update. Do not worry about Root! Come back and would have posted tutorial for that
- Make Backup of your data stored on your device.
- Enable USB Settings on your phone by going to Settings> Developers Options.
- Before you proceed for the update process, do check your battery status and make sure that it is not enough to complete the whole process.
- Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk. Follow the instructions and do not skip and step as stated.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-i9152 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Using Odin
1. First of extract the update file on your desktop, You’ll get tar.md5 format file. Also unzip Odin folder.
2. Make sure that USB Drivers are already installed on your PC.
3. From the Odin folder double click on the odin.exe to launch the Flashing Tool.
4. Reboot your Galaxy Mega 5.8 into Download Mode:
– Press and Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for a while and release it when you see a warning message on your screen.
– Now Hit the Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.
5. While in Download Mode Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable. At this point make sure that Odin has recognized your device, the ID:COM port will either turn yellow or blue depending on the version of Odin you’re using. You’ll also notice Added!! in the Message section of Odin, otherwise try changing the USB port or Reinstall the USB Drivers.
6. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked and rest leave the default Odin settings.
7. Next, Hit the PDA button and browse the tar.md5 update file from the extracted folder and when selected Click on the START button to start flashing the Android 4.2.2 firmware update on your Galaxy Mega 5.8.
8. It will not take more than 3 to 4 minutes, depending on your PC and device. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you via the successful message, which PASS!!.
Congrats! Your Galaxy Mega 5.8 has successfully been Updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Enjoy the new Jelly Bean Features and do not forget to share your experience with us. If you do need further support, feel free to ask and we shall try our best to respond as quickly as possible.