In the recent week, Galaxy Note 2 in the indian region got the official Android 4.3 OTA Firmware update, and by now most of you in other regions would also have updated. Update has definitely improvements and fixes for bugs. If for some reasons you’re still unable to get the official update or have issues to update your phone using OTA or Samsung Kies then follow the complete step by step instructions below to update your phone to the latest Android OS.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- You should know that this update tutorial is only for Galaxy Note 2 international with Model number GT-N7100. Do not try to use this update on another variant, it may brick your device.
- You’ll need to have Factory Unlocked phone. It is compatible with both Rooted and non-Rooted, but you’ll lose your root access.
- Create a Backup of your data stored on your phone’s internal storage. You may like these Apps to Backup your phone contacts, photos, videos etc.
- Follow this path to Enable USB Debugging: Menu> Settings> Developers Options and there you’ll find the option.
- Make sure that you’ve already installed the USB Drivers on your PC.
- Before you go for the update process, it would be wise to first check your battery status.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 N7100DDUEML4 Firmware Galaxy Note 2 (International).
How to Manually Update Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using the Official DDUEML4 Firmware
Step 1. Extract the downloaded files on your desktop. You should get the Odin and tar.md5 update file.
Step 2. Reboot your phone into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power Buttons simultaneously for a few seconds and leave it when you just see a warning message on your screen. Then just hit the Volume Up key and you’re in download mode.
Step 3. While in Download Mode connect your phone to PC via the USB data cable.
Step 4. Run Odin application and check that it has recognized your device. If not try changing the USB port or reinstall the usb drivers.
Step 5. Check that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked and rest leave the default Odin settings.
Step 6. Finally hit the PDA button and select the tar.md5 update file and then Click on the START button to flash the firmware update on your Galaxy Note 2.
Step 7. Wait for Odin, it can take up to 2 minutes and when it is successfully done, it will notify you via the PASS!! message and your phablet will automatically reboots.
Step 8. For the first time, it will take some time to boot normally.
That’s it folks, By following the exact step by step instructions, I hope that you would have successfully updated your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean DDUEML4 Firmware. Do let us know in the comment section about the new features that you’ve experienced. It was an easy update tutorial in the end, However, if you’re still confused or have issues feel free to ask for further support. For More Updates and Tutorials, Do not forget to visit us back.