At last AT&T Galaxy S5 has been rooted by the XDA recognized developer Geohot.These are the exact step-by-step instructions to root your phone using the towelroot app. This rooting method is really simple and can be called the easiest way to root AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A.
Before you start rooting your phone, please note that rooting does voids warranty and therefore proceed at your risk.
Please note that when this root method was released, Samsung Galaxy S5 was running Android 4.4 KitKat and since then it has received Android updates over a couple of years including Android Lollipop and Marshmallow. So before you complain about it’s not working is because your phone is running a new update and may not work. Unfortunately, The US variants of Galaxy S5 including AT&T and Verizon have locked bootloader and therefore it is extremely hard to root it but thanks to the developer who somehow was able to find a root exploit.
Root AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5
- First, download the latest version of the towelroot app from HERE.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to PC via the USB cable and Copy the apk file.
- Go to Settings > Security and check the Unknown Sources.
- Now navigate to the storage directory where you’ve placed the apk file.
- Install it.
- Launch the towelroot app.
- Tap on the make it ra1n.
- Wait for the rooting process to complete. When done, your phone will automatically reboot.
- To install SuperSU app which grants root permission to your device. Download it from HERE.
- Unzip the folder and copy the Superuser.apk from the Common folder to your phone.
- Just like the other apk file, install it.
- That’s it; you’ve now successfully rooted the AT&T Galaxy S5.
- To verify root access, you can also install the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.
- Also, do not forget to update the SuperSU binary from the Play Store.
- Congratulations!! Your AT&T Galaxy S5 has successfully been rooted.
That’s it, folks, it was a simple guide on how to safely and successfully get root access on the Samsung Galaxy S5 variant of AT&T. Feel free to ask for further support and queries. Do let us know and share your experience. For more Rooting Tutorials keep visiting.