At last AT&T Galaxy S5 has been rooted by the XDA recognized developer geohot.These are the exact step-by-step instructions to root your phone using the towelroot app. This rooting method is really simple and can be called the easiest way to root AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A.
Before you start rooting your phone, please note that rooting does voids warranty and therefore proceed at your own risk.
Root AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5:
- First download the latest version of towelroot app from HERE.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 to PC via the USB cable and Copy the apk file.
- Go to Settings > Security and check the Unknown Sources.
- Now navigate to the storage directory where you’ve placed the apk file.
- Install it.
- Launch the towelroot app.
- Tap on the make it ra1n.
- Wait for the rooting process to complete. When done, your phone will automatically reboots.
- To install SuperSU app which grants root permission to your device. Download it from HERE.
- Unzip the folder and copy the Superuser.apk from the Common folder to your phone.
- Just like the other apk file, install it.
- That’s it, you’ve now successfully rooted the AT&T Galaxy S5.
- To verify root access, you can also install the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.
- Also do not forget to update the SuperSU binary from the Play Store.
- Congratulations!! Your AT&T Galaxy S5 has successfully been rooted.
That’s it folks, it was a simple guide on how to safely and successfully get root access on the Samsung Galaxy S5 variant of AT&T. Feel free to ask for further support and queries. Do let us know and share your experience. For more Rooting tutorials keep visiting.