Follow the step-by-step up-to-date root tutorial for the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G800H running on the latest version of Android 5.1.1 with the firmware build G800HXXU1BOI2.
Samsung recently released Android update for the Indian and Russian variant of the Galaxy S5 Mini. Update is available through OTA. If you’ve updated your phone to latest Android OS, follow the instructions below to safely and successfully get root access on your Galaxy S5 Mini.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This guide is specifically for the SM-G800h variant of the Galaxy S5 Mini. Don’t try it on another model it may brick your phone.
- Make backup of your important data. You can try these best backup apps for Android.
- Install USB drivers on your PC or download Galaxy S5 mini drivers.
- You’ll need TWRP custom recovery to flash the SuperSU zip package.
- Download Odin3 Flash tool.
- Custom root kernel – Download
- SuperSU v2.52 – Download
- Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
- Last but not the least, carefully read and follow the instructions to safely root your phone.
Root Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H
Now make sure you’ve downloaded the required files in order to gain root access on your S5 Mini. First we are going to flash the custom root kernel file using Odin, then SuperSU zip package using TWRP recovery. Follow the detailed instructions below:
- Unzip the downloaded files. Make sure that you get the kernel file in tar.md5 format.
- Power off your S5 Mini and reboot into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume down + Menu + Power buttons simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds. Volume up to confirm.
- Run Odin3 flash tool and leave the default settings.
- Connect your phone to PC via the USB cable.
- Click on the AP/PDA button in Odin3 and select the kernel file tar.md5
- Wait for Odin to check the files and then hit the Start button.
- Once completed, your S5 Mini will automatically reboots and Odin should give you Pass! message.
Now when you’ve flushed the kernel file, follow the 2nd part of the tutorial to flash the SuperSU package using TWRP recovery which eventually will grant root permissions.
Note: Make sure you’ve already installed TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file to your phone storage.
- Power off your phone and reboot it into Recovery Mode. Hold down the Volume up + Menu + Power buttons at the same time for 5 seconds until you see the recovery menu on the screen.
- Tap on the Install option and browse the SuperSU file and select it.
- Swipe to confirm the desired action.
- When complete, Reboot your phone.
That’s it guys, You’ve should have now root access enabled on your Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H running on the latest version of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Let us know and share your own experience in the comment section below.