Recently T-Mobile Officially released the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update for Galaxy S4, Probably most of you would have updated your device and if I am not wrong, your next mission would be to get Root Access. Follow the Step by Step Tutorial to Root and Install Custom Recovery.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Warning!!Rooting your phone will always void your phone manufacturer warranty.
2. The Rooting tutorial is only applicable for Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 on Android 4.3 VRUEMK2 Firmware . Do not try it on another version of android and phone.
You May Also Read – How to Manually Update T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
3. Enable USB Debugging by going to Menu> Settings> Developers Options.
4. Before proceeding, just make sure you’ve got enough battery charge.
5. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CF-Root exploit for Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile.
How to Root and Install Custom Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 on Android 4.3 VRUEMK2 Firmware
Step 1. Hopefully you’ve read, fulfilled and acted upon the above mentioned guidelines and requirements.
Step 2. First of all extract the downloaded files on your desktop.
Step 3. Run Odin Flashing Application.
Step 4. Reboot your phone into Download Mode:
– Power off your phone
– Press and Hold the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds and leave it when you see a warning message on your screen.
– Next, hit the Volume up button and that’s it you’re in download mode.
Step 5. While in Download Mode, Connect your T-Mobile GS4 to PC via the USB Cable and Make sure that Odin recognizes it, the ID:COM port will either become yellow or blue and also you should see the Added!! in the message section of Odin.
Note – If you’ve installed Samsung Kies or anti-virus, make sure that it is not running in the background.
Step 6. Finally hit the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-jfltetmo-jfltetmo-sghm919.tar.md5, file and Click on the START button to start flashing the CF-Root exploit on your phone.
Step 7. Wait for a few seconds and when it gets completed, Odin will notify you via the Pass!! message.
Congrats!! You have successfully got Root Access on your T-Mobile Galaxy S4. You can verify your Root Access by installing an App called, Root Checker, From Google Play Store and Run to verify. Now Follow, further instructions to Flash Custom Recovery.
Step 8. Open the Google Play Store App, and Search for ‘ROM Manager’ by ClockworkMod Team.
Step 9. Just Install it.
Step 10. There you’ll find the option to Flash ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery on your phone. Choose the one suitable for you and flash it. Using the App you can also download Custom ROMs and Flash it, if you’re interested!!
That’s it folks, it was all you need to know and learn in order to successfully get Root Access and Install Custom Recovery on your Galaxy S4. Hopefully you’ve successfully gone through all the steps, let us know in the comment section and share your experience with us. If you need further support feel free to ask. For More Android Root Tutorials and Guides, Stay tuned to Android Central.