T-Mobile recently pushed the Android 4.3 Update through OTA for Samsung Galaxy S4. Update has a number of improvements, mainly the Knox and support for Galaxy Gear has been added. Definitely the update will improve and the stability of your phone performance. Update was started from last night and hopefully all the devices will get the update till the month of February. As we all know, not all the phones are updated to the latest version of OS but they gradually releases randomly. So obviously, many people would not want to wait that much, therefore we always release a manual installation method so that Android Users are able to taste the latest update as soon as possible. Follow this step by step update tutorial to manually update your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Official Firmware UVUEMK2 Update.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. This Tutorial is specifically for Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. Do not try to flash this update file on another variant of Galaxy S4, it may brick your device!!
2. Your phone must be factory unlocked. Also you must be stock, unrooted, and running the stock recovery.
3. Do not forget to Backup your data stored on your phone memory.
4. Navigate to Menu>Settings>Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging on your GS4. If you’re unable to find the Developers Options then take the following steps:
– Go to Settings
– Scroll down to About Device.
– Now tap the Build Number for about 7 times and it should be enabled now.
5. Before starting the update process make sure you’ve got enough battery on your device, at least 70% is recommended.
6. The update is official but then you have to be very careful, when doing these sorts of experiments on your phone 😛 Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 Firmware UVUEMK2 Update for T-Mobile Galaxy S4.
2. Click Here to Download Odin.
3. Click Here to Download USB Drivers for your PC, if you’ve haven’t already installed Samsung Kies or Drivers for Galaxy S4.
How to Manually Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (SGH-M919) to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using the Official Firmware Update
1. When the required files are downloaded then extract it on your desktop.
2. Run Odin application on your PC and Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time, are checked and rest leave the default Odin settings.
3. Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode:
– Turn Off your Phone.
– Press and Hold the ‘Volume Down+Home+Power‘ Buttons simultaneously till you see a warning message on your screen.
– Now Just hit the Volume Up and you’re done.
5. Next, Connect your GS4 to PC and check that Odin has recognized your phone. The ID:COM port in Odin will turn blue or yellow and you should notice the Added!! in the message section.
6. Finally hit the PDA button and select the 4.3 Firmware Update file from the extracted folder and then finally hit the START button.
7. Now wait for Odin to successfully flash the Firmware update on your T-Mobile GS4.
8. When update is successfully flushed, You’ll be notified via the PASS!! Message and during this your phone will also automatically reboots.
That’s it folks, Your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 should be running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, It was obviously an easy update tutorial and hopefully things went smooth for you and if in any case if you’re still confused at any step or need further support. For More Updates and Tutorials, do not forget to visit us back.