Updates are released by the manufacturer to improve and stabilize the overall performance of your device.
They do check and test the firmware updates before releasing it publicly, and you may have noticed that not all devices get the same update at the same time, just to make sure that it works fine for their valued customers and once they are confident, then almost all the devices gets the update notification.
Just like all of you, I love latest Android updates, new features, and improvements, but unfortunately, these are sometimes not useful for some devices, I mean after updating your phone or tablet you may notice, WiFi connectivity is not working, camera, sound, and alike many other issues.
Last week I updated my AT&T Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, but unluckily I got some bugs, now what I need to do is to switch back to the previous version, so that I get my phone in working mode. If you’ve faced the same problems, bugs or errors, don’t worry folks, these are just minor errors and can easily be fixed by downgrading your phone to the previous version you had installed.
Follow the step by step instructions down below and find out how to safely and successfully downgrade your Samsung phone or tablet firmware.
Downgrade only if you’ve got serious issues with your phone because it is almost the last option available. We Android Central should not be responsible if in any case you brick your device, it is only for educational purposes and have been tested before and is confirmed to be working perfectly but then Proceed at your own risk.
1. First of all, Go to Samsung Updates and download the Samsung firmware update for your particular model number phone or tablet. (Make sure you download the correct firmware for your phone, flashing the wrong update file may cause your more serious issues!!)
2. Also, Download Odin.
3. You should have USB Drivers installed on your PC for your phone.
How to Downgrade Firmware For Any Samsung Galaxy Phone and Tablet
Now I assume that you’ve downloaded the required files, which are:
- Firmware Update for your phone or tablet
- And USB Drivers are already installed
- Make sure that you’ve got enough battery charge on your device.
Once you think that you’re ready for the downgrading process, then follow the instructions down below and go for it.
1. First of all, Run the Odin flashing application on your PC.
2. Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked and rest leave the default Odin settings.
3. Next, Reboot your phone or tablet into Download Mode. For most Galaxy Series Phones, do it by Holding and Pressing the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time, till you see a warning message on your screen. If you’ve got tablet then Hold the Volume Down+Power buttons simultaneously. After you see the warning message on your screen, just hit the Volume Up button and you’re done.
4. While in download mode, connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable and at this point make sure that Odin has recognized your device. The ID:COM will either turn yellow or blue depending on the version of Odin you’re using and you should also notice the Added!! in the message section.
5. When you’re confirmed that it is recognized and is connected with PC then:
– Click on the PDA Button and select the firmware update file which shall be in tar.md5 format.
– After selecting the correct file, Hit the START button to start downgrading your firmware.
6. Wait for a few minutes, it depends, and Odin should give you the PASS!! Message which confirms that Firmware on your phone or tablet has successfully been downgraded. You’ll also notice that your phone will Reboot.
That was all folks, you needed to know in order to bring back your phone to previous conditions or version of Android OS.
I am hopeful that on the other side, things went up perfect and without experiencing any errors or issues. I always try my best to make things as simple as possible, so that you people are able to and understand and demonstrate correctly, then if in any case, you’re still confused at any step or have queries, feel free to leave a comment for further support and shall try our best to respond as quickly as possible.
For More Updates and Guides related Android stay tuned to Android Central.
I TRY TO DOWNGRADE MY SM-T217A 4.4.2 TO 4.2.2, IT FAILS. I CANT RESTORE IT. PLEASE, I NEED HELP. Thank you