Earlier this month, Samsung officially released the Android 4.3 OTA Update for Samsung Galaxy S3 but then later users encountered bugs and Samsung has to suspend the Update. However if you’re a T-Mobile Galaxy S3 user then no worries!! T-Mobile has officially released the Android 4.3 Firmware update and is free from such bugs and above some major improvements are also made to the new firmware and hopefully will improve the overall user experience. This is what the T-Mobile has officially stated on their official website:
Software versions for Galaxy S III original (t999)
Beginning November 19, the Samsung Galaxy S III (original) will have an optional software update to Android version 4.3 / Baseband version T999UVUEMJC. This update includes KNOX and Samsung Gear support.
To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update. However, If in any case you’re unable to update it through Samsung Kies or through Samsung OTA service, then follow the step by step instructions to manually update it to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the Odin.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. Use this update tutorial for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and do not try to flash this file on another variant of GS3, it may brick your device, so be careful.
2. Make sure your phone is factory unlocked.
3. The guide is compatible with both, Rooted and Non-Rooted Galaxy S3 but as this is the official update so definitely you’ll lose root access.
4. Installing the new firmware will obviously wipe and erases all data on your internal storage, therefore if you’ve got important data, it is highly recommended to Backup it now.
5. You’ll need to connect your Phone to PC, so Enable USB Debugging from Settings-> Developers Options.
6. Important one! Check your phone battery status and make sure it will be enough to complete the whole update process. At least 80% battery charged is recommended.
7. Although the update is official, but then proceed at your own risk. The tutorial is only for education purposes and you’re advised not to skip any step in the tutorial, if you really want to be on a safer side!!!
First of all download the following files and extract it on your desktop:
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware UVUEMJC Update for Galaxy S3.
2. Click Here to Download Odin, which will be used to manually flash the update file.
How to Manually Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999) to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using the Official Firmware Update
1. Hopefully you’ve installed the USB Drivers on your PC and also downloaded the required files.
2. Now Run the Odin application on your PC.
3. Then, Reboot your T-Mobile GS3 into Download Mode:
– Turn Off your Phone.
– Press and Hold the ‘Volume Down+Home+Power‘ Buttons altogether for a while and then release it when you see a warning message on your screen.
– Now Just hit the Volume Up and you’re in download mode.
4. In the Odin, Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time, are checked and rest leave the default Odin settings.
5. While download mode, Connect your phone to PC and at this point make sure Odin has recognized your device. The ID:COM port in Odin will either turn blue or yellow and you should also see Added!! in the message section.
6. Once all the steps are successfully taken, Now hit the PDA button and select the Firmware Update file from the extracted folder and then finally hit the START button.
7. It can take time depending on your device and PC, so have patience and wait for Odin to completely flash the Firmware update.
8. Once the update is successfully flushed, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! message and during this your phone will automatically reboots.
You may also read – How to Root T-Mobile Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
That’s it, Now when your boots normally you should be having Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3. Hopefully things went up perfect and smooth and you’ve successfully updated your phone. Do let us know in the comment section about your experience or if you’re confused at any step, we’ll try our best to response as quickly as possible. For More Updates, Tutorials on Android, do not forget to visit us back.