The Google Nexus 7 (2013) is the second version of Nexus 7, with improve and latest advance features. It was officially released by Google with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. The Nexus 7 (2013) variant includes the following main specifications and features 7-inch, 1200 x 1920 display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core chip, 2 GB of RAM, and 16 or 32 GB of internal storage.
However if you really want to change the default UI and OS, then probably you should get updated to Android 4.3.1 Firmware using the Flonaro ROM which is actually based on Linaro and other AOSP ROMs. It is one of the Stable ROM available for the New Edition of Google Nexus 7 and unlike other Custom ROMs, there very less bugs likely to be found. Use the following instructions, to install the Flonaro Custom ROM on Google Nexus 7 Tablet 2103.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This Guide is only for Google Nexus 7 Flo (2013), do not try out this on the old variant of Nexus 7, otherwise it can brick your device.
2. Make sure you’ve already got root access on your phone. If not then Click Here to first Root and install custom recovery on your device.
3. Backup your important data and also Using the Recovery take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and settings. Here You can learn everything you need to know about Nandroid Backup and Restore Method.
4. Next, Enable USB Debugging.
5. When installing the Flonaro ROM, Check that you’ve enough battery charge, at least 80% charge is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
Note: Please do not skip any step as instructed in the tutorial. Hopefully you’ve acted upon the mentioned guidelines, these will help you to safely and successfully update your phone to Android 4.3.1 Firmware.
1. Click Here to Download the Android 4.3.1 Firmware Update Flonaro Custom ROM for Nexus 7 2013.
2. Click Here to Download the Google Apps or GApps zip package for Android 4.3 ROMs.
How to Update Google Nexus 7 (2013) to Android 4.3.1 Firmware Using the Flonaro Custom ROM
1. First of all, Copy the downloaded files to the root storage of your external Micro SD Card.
2. Now Reboot your Phone into Recovery Mode.
3. Once you’re in the Recovery, Make sure you’ve already taken Nandroid Backup, if not then it is the time to take it now:
– Select the Backup or Backup and Restore option in the Recovery Options.
4. Next, Use the following options to Wipe and Factory reset your Tablet, to make it prepare for the new Custom ROM installation:
–Wipe data Factory reset
-Wipe cache Partition
–wipe dalvick cache
5. Finally choose the ‘Install’ or ‘install zip from SD card’ option and from the storage directory, select the flonaro-10052013.zip, to flash it using the recovery.
6. Once Flonaro ROM is completely installed, then Use the same method and install the GApps zip package, which will ultimately installs the Google Apps like Google Search, Play Store, Youtube and so on.
7. Once all the steps are completed successfully, Reboot your Tablet using the Recovery Option, Reboot or Reboot System Now.
That’s it folks, Hopefully, By now you should have learned, How to Update your Rooted Google Nexus 7 (2013) to Android 4.3.1 Firmware using the Custom ROM, called as Flonaro. On the other side, hoping that everything went up correctly, if not let us in the comment section, and we’ll try our best to respond as quickly as possible for further support and queries.
At the end, Do not forget to visit us back for more Updates, Apps, Android News and Tutorials.