The Samsung Galaxy E7 SM-E700H has received an official OTA update for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Currently the update is only available in the India and as Samsung always releases the updates in phases so other regions will soon get the update.
If in case you can’t wait further here is a step-by-step guide showing you exactly how you can manually update your Galaxy E7 by flashing the stock 5.1.1 firmware update using Odin3.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This update is only compatible with the Galaxy E7 model number SM-E700H. Go to Settings > About and check yours.
- Backup all your important data stored on your device. You can use these Android Backup apps.
- Download Stock Firmware update for Galaxy E7 E700H from Sammobile.
- Download Odin3 v3.10 for Windows and Jodin3 for Mac
- Go to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB debugging.
- Install USB drivers or you can download Galaxy E7 USB drivers.
- Last but not the least, Carefully read and follow the instructions.
Install Stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Galaxy E7 SM-E700H
Step 1: Download the required update files and unzip on your desktop.
Step 2: Power off Galaxy E7 and reboot into download mode; Press and hold down the Volume down + Menu + Power keys simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds. Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin v3.10.
Step 4: Connect your Galaxy E7 to PC using the USB cable.
Step 5: Hit the AP button and select the tar.md5 firmware update file. During this your PC might hang for a while, just have patience and let Odin3 handle everything.
Step 6: Leave the Odin3 default settings.
Step 7: Finally hit the Start button to flash the Android 5.1.1 update on Galaxy E7 SM-E700H.
Step 8: Depending on your system, it usually takes 6 minutes to flash stock firmware. When completed your phone will automatically reboots and Odin will show you with PASS! notification confirming that your Galaxy E7 has successfully been updated to latest firmware.
Note: For the first your phone might take more time to boot, just wait. You’ll also notice your phone might be become slow after the update, all you’ve to do is hard reset your phone by booting into Recovery Mode; Wipe data & Factory reset and delete all caches should make your phone smooth and faster than before.
You may also like to read: