Last month, the LTE variant of Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 has received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update with firmware VPUCMK3. Hopefully most of you would have updated their devices with the latest update, If you had root before the update, it is mostly likely that you’ve lost the root access and you’ve to regain it by following the step by step tutorial. We’ll be using the CF-Root package to get root access via Odin.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- First of all, Check that you’ve go the Galaxy S3 LTE SPH-L710 and you’re running on Android 4.3 VPUCMK3 Firmware.
- Rooting your device will voids its manufacturer warranty.
- Go to Settings tab> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging. If Developers Option is not enabled then scroll down to About Phone and look for Build Number and tap it for about 7 times and it should be enabled.
- Make sure you’ve already installed, USB Drivers on your PC.
- Check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your device.
- Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download CF-Root Package for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE.
- Download USB Drivers, if you haven’t already installed. If Samsung Kies is already installed that is enough but during the root process make sure that it is not running in the background, it may block the process.
Root Sprint Galaxy S3 LTE Running on Android 4.3 VPUCMK3
Step 1. Extract the downloaded files on your desktop.
Step 2– You’ll get Odin Flashing tool and a .tar.md5 file – don’t extract that one
Step 3– (USB) Disconnect your phone from your computer
Step 4– Start Odin3-v1.85.exe
Step 5– Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-d2spr-d2spr-sphl710.tar.md5
– Reboot your phone into download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power together and wait for a few seconds when see a warning message on your screen then hit the Volume Up key.
– While in Download Mode Connect the phone to your computer via the USB Cable.
– Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
Step 6– Click the Start button and wait for Odin to flash the root exploit on your device. Once it gets completed, You’ll be notified via the PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
Congrats!! That’s it you have now successfully gain root access on your device. Check that SuperSU App has been installed on your phone. You can verify root access by installing an application from Google Play Store, called ‘Root Checker‘. After rooting, your probably would be looking for Custom Recovery, Follow the down below instructions to Flash ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery, which will help you Flash Custom ROMs, Mods and Kernels.
Install Custom Recovery (CWM/TWRP)on Sprint Galaxy S3 LTE
Step 1. Open Google Play Store App on your phone.
Step 2. Search for ‘ROM Manager‘ By ClockworkMod Tools.
Step 3. Install the app and run it on your device.
Step 4. There you should find the Custom Recovery Option, Both ClockworkMod and TWRP are available, Depending on your choice and needs, flash the recovery you like.
Step 5. That’s it! You are now ready to Flash Custom ROMs, App has built-in features to Download and Flash Custom ROMs on your device.
That’s it folks, Congrats! At the end, it was an easy tutorial and Hopefully you’ve successfully rooted your device and Custom Recovery is also installed. Do let us know in the comment section and share your experience. If you find it useful, do not forget to use the buttons and share our post.