Galaxy S is the pioneer of the Samsung Galaxy S series line up. You can say it is like lucky champ for Samsung, because of its success, you can now see the Galaxy Series, it is now Galaxy S4 and soon Galaxy S5 is very soon to be released. Galaxy S is now an old Android phone, which no longer receives OTA Updates due to hardware and software limitations. But that does not mean, you’ll not be able to update your Galaxy S to the latest version of Android OS. Today, I will guide you using the step by step instructions on how to update Galaxy S I9000 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using the Paranoid Android Custom ROM.
Paranoid Android ROM is specifically customized and optimized for Galaxy S and by installing it, you probably will be able to improve the performance of your phone. Follow the instructions down below to safely and successfully update your Galaxy S to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This Custom ROM installation tutorial is only for Galaxy S (I9000), do not try to flash these files on another variant of Galaxy S or any other android phone, flashing the wrong ROM brick your phone.
2. You need to have Rooted Galaxy S with Custom Recovery installed, it can be any ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery.
3. Backup your phone data, otherwise you’ll all your data during the update.
4. Enable USB Debugging from Settings->Developers options.
5. During the installation, be sure that you’ve enough battery charge on your phone, so that your phone does not shutdown in the middle of the update, which can cause serious problems, therefore make sure, you’ve got at least 80% charge.
6. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Paranoid Android 4.3 Custom ROM for Galaxy S I9000.
2. Click Here to Download GApps zip package for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Update Galaxy S (I9000) to Android 4.3 Using Paranoid Android ROM
1. First of all, Connect your Galaxy S to PC and Copy the downloaded files to the root storage of your Micro SD Card.
2. Once files are transferred successfully, Disconnect your phone from PC and Reboot it into Custom Recovery Mode.
3. In the Recovery, It is highly recommended to first Backup your Current ROM, So that in case you’re unable to flash the update successfully, then you’ll be able to restore back to your current settings.
You May Read: How to take Nandroid Backup on Android?
4. Now using the Recovery Options, Wipe Data / Factory Reset your Phone, so that you’re able to install the new update:
-Wipe data Factory reset
-Wipe cache Partition
-wipe dalvick cache
5. Next, You’re now in perfect mode!! to flash the Paranoid Android 4.3 Custom ROM on Galaxy S (I9000). Just select the ‘Install’ or ‘install zip from SD card’ option and from the storage directory, select the Paranoid Android update zip package and flash it using the recovery.
6. Just wait for the custom recovery to flash the Android 4.3 Update on your Phone. Once Paranoid Android is completely flushed, then use the same method (Step 5) to flash the GApps zip package, which will install Google Apps packages on your phone.
7. Finally, go back to main custom recovery options and Reboot your Galaxy S.
8. Now just wait for your Phone to boot normally, you need to have patience, for the first time, it may take up to 5 minutes to boot normally, it is just normal and is nothing to be worried about this issue.
So that’s it folks, Hopefully by now, you should have learned, How to Update Galaxy S to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using the Parnoid Android Custom ROM. You can share your experience with us in the comment section below, How everything went up for you? For more Updates, News, Apps and Tutorials Do not forget to visit us back.