A few days ago, an xda developer, released a method through which you can easily backup and restore your Nexus 5 Flashable Modems and EFS data. I think so, here I need to let you know, what actually EFS Data means to you and why you really need to backup it. Well, In short and simpler words, EFS stands for Encrypting File System, and is a really important and is considered as the heart of networking and connectivity of your Smartphone and you should know without Connectivity we won’t be able to use our device for communication. Without any communications, it just becomes a piece of gaming toy or multimedia player, just like the locked iPhone, which can be only used as an iPad.
If you’re an advance Android user, like if you regularly flash Custom ROMs or Manually Update your Firmware, there are chances that you may loose the EFS Data and so on. It is therefore recommended to Backup your EFS Data in order to stay on the safe side. Follow the step by step tutorial and learn how to backup and restore the EFS Data on Google Nexus 5.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. Proceed at your own risk.
2. Make sure your LG Nexus 5 is already rooted and Custom Recovery (ClockworkMod or TWRP) is already installed.
3. As a precaution, it is recommended to Backup your data.
Instructions:- How to Backup EFS Data on Nexus 5?
1. First of all, Download the Flashable EFS zip from Here.
2. Connect your Nexus 5 to PC and transfer the downloaded zip file.
3. Then, Reboot your LG Nexus 5 into Recovery Mode to flash the EFS Zip package.
– Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ Buttons altogether at the same time for a few seconds.
4. Now navigate to the ‘Install’ or ‘install zip from SD card’ option and select the Nexus_5_Backup_EFS_2.zip, and confirm to flash it.
5. Just wait for a while and your EFS Data Partition should be backed-up.
6. You should find the EFS Backup file in:
– /sdcard/EFS_Backup/ or otherwise,
That’s it folks, it was an easy step by step guide, to Backup EFS Data on your LG Nexus 5, Hopefully you have find it useful. Now if you later need to Restore EFS Data, then follow these instructions:
Restoring EFS Data on LG Nexus 5:-
1. Same like before reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode.
2. In the Recovery Options Menu, Navigate to ‘Install’ or ‘install zip from SD card’.
3. Next, Select the efsbackupflashable.zip, which should be in your /sdcard/EFS_Backup folder.
I would recommend you to Backup the EFS_Backup on your PC as well, so that in case you lose your SD Card, then you won’t have to be worried about it. For More Tips and Tutorials, Stay Tuned to Android Central.