HTC Droid DNA was officially released in November 2012 with Android OS 4.1 Jelly Bean but then later Android 4.2 update was also officially released via OTA. As compare to that time, it was really an advance Phone with amazing features. Android 4.3 JB is the new latest version, and Everyone just desires to get it on their device, but in fact it is still officially not available for many Android Smartphones and Tablets. On the other side of the mirror, everyone just want to have it on their phones. If you’re one of those who really do want Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running on HTC Droid DNA, then it is really easy and simple to do it, only you’re required to have rooted access with custom recovery installed on your phone.
CyanogenMod 10.2 is purely based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and so far has been made available for many Android devices. The CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly build is available for HTC Droid DNA, Using which you can upgrade it Android 4.3. If you’ve made up your mind to flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build on your Droid DNA, then follow the below step by step instructions to safely flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 using the Custom Recovery (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery).
Requirements and Guidelines:
1. Only Use this Tutorial for HTC Droid DNA. Do not try to flash these files on another device, otherwise you may end up bricking your phone. Be Careful!
2. You will be required to have Rooted HTC Droid DNA with Custom Recovery Installed (Any CWM or TWRP Recovery).
3. It is highly recommended to Backup your Phone Data and take Nandroid Backup using the Custom Recovery. Nandroid Backup will help you to Restore Back to your Current ROM, if in case you’re failed to successfully flashed the CyanogenMod or you don’t like it features.
Everything You Need to Know about Nandroid Backup – Read Here
4. Go to Menu->Settings->Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging on your HTC Droid DNA.
5. Update will take some time, so you need to have enough battery charge on your phone in order to skip uncertain shutdown during the installation. At least 80% is recommended.
6. Proceed it at Your Own Risk.
1. Click Here to get CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build for the Droid DNA.
2. Click Here to get GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Update HTC Droid DNA to Android 4.3 Using the CyanogenMod 10.2
1. Connect your Droid DNA to PC via the USB cable and transfer the 2 files you’ve downloaded earlier, to the root storage of your Micro SD Card. Do not extract the files.
2. When files transferring is done, disconnect your phone and Reboot it into Custom Recovery.
3. Here at this I assume that you’ve taken Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and Settings, If not then do it now, it is something really important.
4. Using the Recovery Options, Wipe Data and Factory Reset your phone, so that it is prepared for the new installation:
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Next, Flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build:
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM zip package from the internal storage directory.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Custom Build zip package from the internal storage of your HTC Droid DNA.
6. By default Google Apps like Play Store, Gmail, Search and so on, these apps do not comes with CyanogenMod 10.2, the second files which called GApps will install Google Apps on your Phone. So repeat the Step 5 and Flash the gapps-jb-20130813-signed zip package.
7. Finally, When all the steps are successfully done, Reboot your HTC Droid DNA using the Recovery Options.
That’s it folks, Hopefully you’ve learned, How to Update HTC Droid DNA to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Custom ROM. Let us know in the comment section, How everything went up on the other side. Feel free to ask any queries you might have. Also do not forget to visit us back and refer it your friends for More Update and Root Tutorials.