Today we’ll guide you, How to Root Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 and Install ClockworkMod custom Recovery.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. Rooting Guide is Specifically for Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005. Do not try to flash these files on another device or variant of Galaxy Note 3.
2. Rooting any Android device voids its warranty.
3. Although Rooting does not wipe data on your device but then it is recommended to Backup your important data if you do have.
4. Also make sure you’ve installed USB Drivers on your PC. If not Click Here to Download.
5. Before you move on further, Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Note 3 LTE by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
6. Do it, at your own risk. Note that these files has already been tested on Galaxy Note 3 LTE and is confirmed to be working smoothly without any errors.
1. Click Here to Download CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip package for Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005.
2. Click Here to Download n9005-cwm-recovery-188.8.131.52(0929).tar file.
Rooting Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 Using CF-Auto-Root
1. First of all, extract the CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip file on your desktop.
2. Now from the extracted folder run Odin3-v1.85 application on your PC.
3. After then Reboot your Galaxy Note 3 LTE into Download Mode. Here is how to Reboot into Download Mode on Note 3:
- Switch Off your Galaxy Note 3.
- Now Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time till you see a warning on your screen.
- After then just hit the Volume Up button.
4. While in download mode connect your LTE Galaxy Note 3 to PC using the USB Cable. At this point make sure Odin recognizes your Galaxy Note 3.
5. On thing more to be noted in Odin screen is make sure that the Repartition option is not checked.
6. Now hit the PDA button and from the extracted folder select the CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.tar.md5 file and then START button.
7. Once it gets completed, You’ll be informed using the PASS!! message in Odin and during this Galaxy Note 3 will automatically reboot.
To make sure you’ve successfully Rooted LTE Galaxy Note 3, check that SuperSU app is installed and install ‘Root Checker’ from Google Play Store to verify root access.
That’s it! You have just Rooted your Galaxy Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005) using the CF-Auto-Root package. If you’re planning to install Custom ROMs and Mods then first you’ve to install custom recovery on Galaxy Note 3. Follow the instructions down below in order to successfully Flash ClockworkMod Custom Recovery on LTE Galaxy Note 3.
Installing CWM Custom Recovery on Galaxy Note 3 LTE
1. Same like before Reboot your Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode.
2. After then connect your Galaxy Note 3 to PC via the USB Data Cable.
3. Launch Odin Application and hit the PDA button and select the n9005-cwm-recovery-184.108.40.206(0929).tar ClockworkMod Recovery file and then just hit the START button on Odin.
4. When Odin successfully flashes CWM Recovery on Galaxy Note 3, it will then notify you using the PASS!! Message on the Odin screen.
How to Boot into Recovery Mode on Galaxy Note 3?
Once you’ve have successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery, you can now follow the instructions below to Boot into Recovery Mode.
1. First Switch Off your Galaxy Note 3.
2. Now Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power button at the same time, until you see the Recovery options on your screen.
For more Tips and Tricks, Custom ROMs and Root Tutorials stay tuned to Android Central.