Nexus 10 is an 10 inch tablet, fabulous, amazing and innovative Android tablet by Google Inc. One of its eye-catching feature is super high resolution display, which lets you imagine the true experience of Full-HD display right on your Tablet. And the strange thing why I am discussing these things, you must know all these features as you are already having this tablet and may have experienced everything and should know all the facts :P.
Now just lets talk, about Unlocking your Google Nexus 10, If you’re one of those, who just want to get the most out of their Android device, like rooting, custom recoveries, custom ROM’s etc. Then you probably should know that all Nexus devices like the Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and obviously Nexus 10, they all come with Locked Bootloader and without unlocking the bootloader, you can’t root, install custom recovery as well custom ROMs.
Unlocking Bootloader on Nexus device, is something, that is very easy and can be unlocked within 1 or 2 minutes, it just depends upon you. I will guide you, using step by step instructions, How to Unlock Bootloader on Google Nexus 10 Tablet.
Before we move on further, there are certain things, you should know, before you unlock Nexus 10:
- Unlocking Bootloader on your Nexus 10, will void your warranty.
- It also wipes/erases all data on your device, therefore make sure, you create a backup of your important data.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk!! If you really don’t know, what you’re doing with your device, then it is recommended that you do not play this game :P.
Preparing your device
- You need to Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. If you don’t know, how to setup, Click Here to Learn.
- Backup your important data.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 10
1. First of all, make sure you have setup adb and fastboot correctly on your PC.
2. Now open the command line window, by going to START Menu->RUN->then type ‘cmd’ and enter.
3. In the command window, type:
4. After entering the command, you should see your device listed. If not, then double check that you’ve installed the USB drivers and setup adb and fastboot correctly.
5. At this point, you need to reboot your device into Bootloader mode in order to unlock bootloader. Type the following and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
6. At last, you can now enter the commands to Unlock your Google Nexus 10:
fastboot oem unlock
7. After entering the last command, you should see a warning message on your Nexus 10’s screen, now using volume keys, choose the ‘yes’ option and hit the power button to select it.
8. That’s it folks, everything has been just simple and easy, hopefully it worked for you and you’ve successfully unlocked your Google Nexus 10 tablet. If in any case, you still are experiencing errors or were unable to properly setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC, let us know in the comment section, and we’ll try our best respond you quickly and help you out.