SlimBean Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM is now out there for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, with new features bug fixes to enhanced your device performance. If you’re looking for a perfect Custom ROM, then SlimBean is one of the best choices. Follow the step by step instructions in order to successfully install SlimBean Android 4.3 JB Stable Custom ROM on your Galaxy S2.
Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, therefore do not try this method on another variant of Galaxy S2.
2. Your Galaxy S2 should be Factory Unlocked, Rooted and with Custom Recovery installed. (ClockworkMod or TWRP)
3. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S2, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
4. It is recommended to Backup your important data.
5. Make sure you have got enough charge on your device, at least 60% is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. We shall not be responsible, if anything goes wrong with your device. Note that the SlimBean Android 4.3 JB Custom Stable ROM has been tested on Galaxy S2 I9100, is confirmed to be working 100%.
1. Click Here to Download SlimBean Stable Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
How to Install SlimBean Android 4.3 JB Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100
1. First connect your Galaxy S2 to PC and Copy the I9500 the SlimBean Custom ROM and GApps files to the root storage of your Micro SD Card.
2. Now you need to Reboot Galaxy S2 into Recovery Mode. Learn how to do it;
- First of all, Turn-off your GS2.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time, until you see the recovery options on your screen.
3. Follow the below instructions to Wipe and Factory reset your device.
For CWM – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP – Select WIPE, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
4. It is always recommended, Before installing a custom ROM create Nandroid Backup, so that if in case, you’re not happy with updated ROM, Using the Nandroid Backup, You’ll be able to restore back to your current ROM and settings. Here is how to make Nandroid Backup on Android;
5. Finally your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is now ready to be updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the SlimBean Custom ROM.
For CWM – Select the option called, ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the Slim-i9100-4.3.build.1-OFFICIAL-909.zip file and confirm.
For TWRP – Tap on the ‘INSTALL’ option and select the Slim-i9100-4.3.build.1-OFFICIAL-909.zip, file, after then swipe to confirm.
6. Once you install the SlimBean Custom ROM, like the same method, as you did in Step 4, flash the, Slim_AIO_gapps.4.3.build.1.zip GApps Zip file for Android 4.3.
7. Depending on your device, it can take some time to flash the AOSP Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100, so have patience.
8. Once both files are successfully flashed, Reboot your device using the Recovery Options.
At the end, I tried my best to make everything as simple as possible, and hopefully you’ve understood the step by step guide, How to install SlimBean Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100. If you’re confused at any step let us know in the comment section for further support. For further Custom ROM’s and Updates stay tuned to Android Central.