If you’ve already installed Custom Recovery on your Google Nexus 4, and confused how to reboot or Enter Recovery mode, then, follow the step by step instructions, How to Enter/Reboot into Recovery Mode on Google Nexus 4.
Let me tell you that there are three types of Recovery Mode:
• Stock Recovery Mode
• ClockworkMode Recovery Mode
• TWRP Recovery Mode
Stock Recovery is the default Android Recovery, with few options, like wipe data/factory reset your device, Whereas ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP recovery modes lets you install Flash Custom ROM’s and so on. I will guide you, step by step, How to enter these 3 types of Recovery Mode on your Google Nexus 4.
Instructions – How to Enter Stock Recovery Mode on Google Nexus 4
If still haven’t installed any custom recovery on your Nexus 4, then probably, you can then only Reboot into Stock Recovery Mode on your Nexus 4, to wipe or factory reset your phone.
1. First of all, Switch-Off your Nexus 4.
2. Now at the same time hold the Volume Down+Power Buttons, to enter Bootloader Menu.
3. Now in the Bootloader options, using your Volume buttons, Navigate Recovery Mode, option and select it using Power Button.
4. Now you’ll see the Android logo laid on its back with a red exclamation mark. Here at this point, Hit the Volume Up+Power Buttons simultaneously (Do not hold the keys).
5. That’s it and you’ve just entered Stock Recovery Mode on your Google Nexus 4.
Now what if you’ve installed Custom Recovery ClockworkMod or TWRP? Then the method is almost similar, but then if you’re confused, follow the instructions down below:
Instructions – How to Enter/Reboot Google Nexus 4 into CWM/TWRP Recovery Mode
1. Power-Off your Nexus 4.
2. Now press the Volume Up+Down+Power Buttons at the same time, and keep holding until you see the Bootloader Menu or Options.
3. Now using Volume keys, Navigate to Recovery Mode option and select it using the Power Button.
4. That’s it folks, How easy it was to enter ClockworkMod/TWRP Recovery Mode on your Nexus 4.
If you’re still confused at any step or unable to enter recovery mode on your Galaxy Nexus 4, let us know in the comment section, we’ll be pleased to help you out.
greetings from malaysia,
my nexus 4 is running a custom rom, and twrp recovery. today my nexus 4 ran into a problem where nothing can be seen except the wallpaper (not even the statusbar)
1. how do I power off if nothing can be seen except the wallpaper