Last updated on August 8th, 2016
Foloowing is a detailed step-by-step instructional guide on how to easily root Nexus 6P.
Google Nexus 6P has officially been rooted as Chainfire xda has released cf-auto root and Teamwin has release official TWRP custom recovery which makes it even more easier to be rooted. I’m going to help you through a few very easy steps on how easily you can gain root access on the Nexus 6P running on the official Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
However, there are certain guidelines and files you’ll have to download, before you can root your phone, in order to get root access on your phone safely.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- Rooting your phone voids warranty but at the same time you get to unlock hidden features!
- Take backup of the data you have on your phone memory.
- Do make sure that you’ve already unlock bootloader.
- Next you have to enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock, go to Settings > Developer Options.
- Install the USB drivers for Nexus 6P.
- You should have already installed TWRP Recovery.
- Download SuperSU root package. [Download Link]
- Last but not the least, read and follow the instructions very carefully in order to safely root your phone.
Root Nexus 6P with autoroot
- Hopefully, you might have setup the adb fast boot on your PC. If you haven’t done yet, you can follow the step-by step guide over here.
- Download Chainfire’s Auto root Modified boot.
- Unzip the to extract the boot.img file.
- Power off your Nexus 6p and reboot into bootloader mode.
- Now, you have to open the command line and then enter the following commands to flash the boot.img file:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now using the TWRP recovery flash the SuperSU package you’ve already downloaded.
Congratulations! you’ve just successfully rooted Nexus 6P.