Finally CyanogenMod has released the CyanogenMod 10.2 stable build for a number of Android Smartphones and Tablets. Before this you’ve to flash the Nightly Build and most likely they’re not good enough (mostly likely you’ll find bugs and errors) to give your device the performance and stability that you’re always looking for!! Now Stable version will tune up the performance on Galaxy S II. Follow the step by step instructions to safely and successfully flash Android 4.3 Custom ROM on your T-Mobile GS2.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. It is only applicable on T-Mobile Galaxy S II, so be careful and do not try it on another variant of GS2.
2. You’ll be required to have Root Access on your phone and make sure that Custom Recovery i.e TWRP or CWM is already installed.
3. Go to Menu> Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging on your GS2.
4. During the process of Custom ROM installation, you’ll loose all your data, which is stored on your internal storage, It is therefore, highly recommended that you Backup all of your important data before you proceed further. You also need to take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM using the TWRP or ClockworkMod Recovery. Don’t know how to do it? Learn Here
5. Just check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build for T-Mobile Galaxy S II. (Download the 10.2 which is at the top)
2. Click Here to Download GApps package for Android 4.3 Custom ROM.
How to Flash Official CM 10.2 Stable Jelly Bean ROM for Samsung Galaxy S II (T-Mobile)
1. To begin with, First you need to transfer the downloaded files into your phone Sd Card storage:
– Connect your phone PC via USB Cable and Transfer it.
– Disconnect your phone.
2. Next, Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery by Holding and Pressing the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, and just release it, when you see the options on your screen.
4. I have already mentioned in the above guidelines and I assume that you’ve already taken the Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
5. Now you need to prepare your phone in order to install the Custom ROM safely and successfully:
– Select Wipe data/Factory Reset
– Then Wipe Cache Partition
– Select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
6. Finally you’re now in perfect mode and state to install the Android 4.3 stable Custom ROM on your T-Mobile Galaxy S II:
– Using the Recovery option ‘Install‘ or ‘Install Zip from Sd card‘
– From your Sd Card browse and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 zip update file and confirm to flash.
7. As it is completely flushed, then use the same method to flash the GApps zip package which will install the Google Apps on your phone, i.e Play Store, Google Search and so on.
8. Finally, head over to main menu of Recovery Options and Reboot your phone using the Reboot System or Reboot option.
So that was all folks, you needed to learn in order to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 stable build and Hopefully you’re now running the stable version of Android 4.3 on your phone. Overall, it was an easy tutorial, but then if you’re still confused or have queries then for further support, feel free to leave a comment. For More Updates, Custom ROMs and Guides stay tuned to Android Central.