Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G was officially released in the late 2011 with Gingerbread OS. Since then everything has changed, and if you’re aware, Samsung has stopped the official updates for this device, due to hardware and software limitations. The last update which was officially released, was Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. But thanks to the recognized developers, who has developed so many custom ROMs, which lets you at least taste the latest Android OS updates on your device. Almost 2 days ago, an elite and recognized developer, Jiangyi has released the Experimental OmniROM 4.4 Build for the Galaxy S II I9100G. The ROM is highly funtional, customized, compatible and above all is based on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat. If you’re interested to have Android 4.4 on your Galaxy S2 then it is one of the best and easiest way to do it. Just follow the step by step instructions to flash Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM on your Galaxy S2 I9100G.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. Use this tutorial for only Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100G). Do not try to flash these files on another variant of Galaxy S2.
2. Make sure your phone is factory unlocked, Rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. It has been reported that TWRP is having some issues, therefore I will not recommend it.
3. By defualt root access is not added by default you’ll have to flash it using the recovery.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to Settings->Developers Options.
5. Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk and also note that, OmniROM is still in its early stages, you may experience some bugs.
1. Click Here to Download Experimental OmniROM for Galaxy S2.
2. Click Here to Download GApps zip package for OmniROM Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM.
3. Click Here to Download SuperSU zip package for Galaxy S2.
How to Flash Experimental OmniROM Android 4.4 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G
1. First of all, without extracting, Connect your Galaxy S2 to PC via the USB Cable and move the downloaded files to the root storage of your internal storage.
2. When all files are successfully transffered then disconnect your device from PC and Reboot it into Recovery Mode.
3. First thing you should in the recovery mode is take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and Settings, so that in case, you later want to restore back to your current ROM, it will help you. Note:It is highly recommended.
You May Read: How to Take Nandroid Backup Using Custom Recovery?
4. Now select the ‘install zip from sd card’ option from Recovery Options and then browse the location where you’ve put the downloaded files and select the OmniROM update file.
5. Once that is flushed successfully, use the same method to flash the GApps zip package.
6. After that, do not forget to also flash the SuperSU zip package using the same method as you did in step 4 and 5.
7. Finally take the following actions using the recovery options:
– Select the ‘Wipe data/ Factory reset’ option.
– Then Reboot it.
8. Just wait for your device to boot normally, once it normally starts, you should be having Android 4.4 installed on Galaxy S2.
That’s it folks, Enjoy the real taste of Android 4.4 KitKat right on your Galaxy S2 and do not forget to let us know in the comment section. For More updates and tutorials do not forget to visit us back.