Last updated on November 26th, 2014
Thanks to the one of the Senior XDA Member, named as thecubed, has released an easy root method for LG G2 Smartphone. Using this method you can easily get root access on your LG G2. If you would like to Root and install TWRP Recovery on LG G2, then you’re at the right place, to do it safely.
Before we move on to Root your LG G2, there are certain Guidelines and Prerequisites you know and fulfill in order to successfully root and install TWRP Recovery on LG G2.
Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. Rooting your device will void its warranty.
2. This Root method is compatible with the following list of carriers:
- AT&T G2 (D800) – D80010d
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98010B (Shipping ROM)
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98011A (OTA)
- T-Mobile G2 (Shipping ROM)
- KT F320k (Shipping ROM)
So if you owned, any of these, you’re good to go, otherwise, do not try this on other devices, it may brick your device.
3. Make sure you’ve installed USB Drivers on your PC.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings->Developers Options-USB Debugging. If you’re unable to see Developers Options in Settings, then scroll down to About Device, then for about 7 times tap the Build Number and you’ll be able to Enable Developers options on your LG G2.
5. It is recommended that you Backup your data, before proceeding to Root your device.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download the IORoot zip package for LG G2.
How to Root LG G2
1. First of all make sure you installed USB Drivers on your PC. Also make sure your LG G2 is in the proper mode, and you can use the ethernet mode for Verizon LG G2.
2. Now extract the ioroot6 zip file on your desktop.
3. Now double click on the root.bat file.
4. At this point your LG G2, will ask you to Disconnect USB and Disable USB Debugging, then again enable it and connect your LG G2 to PC.
5. After that you’ll be asked, if you really want to install SuperSU on your device, Accept or decline, its depend upon you.
That’s it folks, By now you have just successfully rooted your LG G2, stay tuned to Android Central, next we’ll let you know, How to install TWRP Recovery on LG G2. Let us know in the comment section, how everything went up for you.