If you’ve previously rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, and now wants to unroot or restore it back to stock firmware, then you’re at right place. Rooting your Android device, does give you a lot of privileges; like installing Custom Recoveries, Custom ROM’s, Kernels and also there are many Apps on Google Play which requires root access. However, if you’re planning to unroot your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, then for you there could be many reasons, like in reality you’re not interested in rooting things, you may want to sell your phone and you want to reclaim warranty and so on.
Things you should know:
Note that you’re doing this at your own risk. If you don’t know know, what you’re doing, then it is recommended to stay away from it.
- This tutorial is for Windows users only.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, so do not try it on any other Samsung device or variant of Galaxy S4.
- This method will erase everything on your Galaxy S4, therefore make sure to Backup your important data.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure, before proceeding, you’ve enough charge on your device, at least 70% is recommended.
Hopefully you’ve understood and implemented the above guidelines before moving further.
You’re also suppose to download the following sets of files:
Now once you’ve downloaded the required files, you’re now ready to Unroot and Restore Back to Stock Firmware on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.
Instructions to Restore Back to Stock Firmware on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
1. First of all, extract the files you’ve recently downloaded.
2. Now Reboot your device into Download Mode. Follow the instructions here:
- Power-Off your device
- Hit and press the Volume Down+Power Button at the same time until you see the warning message.
- After that just hit the Volume Up button once to confirm download mode.
3. Now Connect your Galaxy S4 to PC and run the Odin.exe from the extracted folder.
4. Make sure Odin has recognized your device, otherwise change the usb port or check that you have installed USB drivers for your device. In the Odin, the Yellow box at the upper right corner shows that it has recognized your device.
5. Now hit the PDA button and select the stock firmware file, you have earlier downloaded, then hit the START Button, to flash stock firmware on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.
6. You need to have patience, while Odin flashes the stock firmware, It can take up to 5 minutes, but it also depends on your device and PC. Once done, You’ll see the ‘PASS’ in the green box just above the yellow box in the Odin and your device will also automatically gets rebooted.
[alert style=”e.g. white, grey, red, yellow, green”] If your device gets stuck on Boot screen, just boot into stock recovery and factory reset your Galaxy S4 and then try again. [/alert]
By now you’ve installed Stock Firmware on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, but if you want to Reset Binary Count, then you’ve to Root your device again and download the Triangle Away apk, then you’ll be able to reset binary count and reclaim your device warranty. If you’re interested further, then let’s go, How to do it.
How to Reset Binary Count on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
1. Now again Reboot your device into Download Mode as you have done before in the above instructions (step 2).
2. Connect your Galaxy S4 to PC and again run the Odin.exe
3. Make sure that Odin has recognized your device, by showing the yellow box, in the Odin screen.
4. Now just hit the PDA Button and select the “CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5” file from the CF-Auto Root folder, you have downloaded earlier.
5. It can take up to 1 min, depending on your device and PC. Once done successfully your device reboot.
6. Now once your Galaxy S4 normally reboots, just go checkout the SuperSU app installed on your device.
7. Now you need to Download TriangleAway.
8. Before installing the TriangleAway Apk, make sure you’ve check the ‘Install from Unknown sources‘ from Settings options.
9. Once you install the Triangle Away, open the app and follow the instructions on the screen to Reset Flash Counter on your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.
10. After resetting the flash counter, you can then uninstall the TraingleAway App from Settings->Applications->Manage Applications.
11. At last you can launch the SuperSU app and tap the Settings tab and choose the option, ‘Full Unroot‘ and that’s it.
468 X 60 here