Samsung recently released Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi SM-T700. If you were planning to get root access, follow the step-by-step tutorial and learn how to safely root Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Let’s move on and learn how you can easily get rooted but before we move on you need to download the essential tools to root your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 successfully.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This guide is specifically for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S Wi-Fi 8.4 running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Don’t try it on another model it may brick your phone.
- Make backup of your data using these apps.
- Install USB drivers on your PC or download Galaxy Tab S drivers.
- Download Odin3 v3.09.
- Download CF-Auto-Root-klimtwifi-klimtwifixx-smt700.zip
- Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
- Last but not the least, carefully read and follow the instructions to safely root your phone.
Root Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi SM-T700
Step 1: Unzip the downloaded files. Make sure that you get the kernel file in tar.md5 format.
Step 2: Power off your phone after that reboot into download mode, for that press and hold the Volume down + Menu + Power buttons simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds. Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin3 flash tool and leave the default settings.
Step 4: Connect your phone to PC via the USB cable.
Step 5: Click on the AP/PDA button in Odin3 and select the kernel file tar.md5
Step 6: Wait for Odin to check the files and then hit the Start button.
Once completed, your phone will automatically reboots and Odin should give you Pass! message confirming that your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 Wi-Fi has successfully been rooted running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
When your phone reboots make sure SuperSU app has been installed or you can directly install it from Google Play. Don’t forget to verify root status by using the root checker app which is also available on Play Store.
You may also like to check out: