In this step-by-step tutorial to update for Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 WiFi, I’ll show you the exact method how you can update your Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T710 to the latest version of Android using the Samsung Flash tool called Odin3.
We have already rooted the Galaxy Tab S2, if you’re interested to root your tab you can follow our root tutorial.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- This update is only compatible with the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 WiFi with model SM-T710. Go to Settings > About and check yours.
- Backup all important data you have stored on your device.
- Download Stock Firmware update for Galaxy Tab S2 t710 from Sammobile.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 for Windows and Jodin3 for Mac
- Go to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB debugging.
- Install USB drivers or you can download Galaxy Tab S2 drivers.
- Last but not the least read carefully and follow the given instructions to safely update your tablet.
Update Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T710 8.0 Wi-Fi to Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Step 1: Download the required update files and unzip on your desktop.
Step 2: Power off Galaxy Tab S2 and reboot into download mode; Press and hold down the Volume down + Menu + Power keys simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds. Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin v3.09.
Step 4: Connect your Galaxy Tab S2 to PC using the USB cable.
Step 5: Hit the AP button and select the tar.md5 firmware update file. During this your PC might hang for a while, just have patience and let Odin3 handle everything.
Step 6: Leave the Odin3 default settings.
Step 7: Finally hit the Start button to flash the Android 5.0.2 update on Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T710.
Step 8: Depending on your system, it usually takes 6 minutes to flash stock firmware. When completed your phone will automatically reboots and Odin will show you with PASS! notification confirming that your Galaxy Tab S2 has successfully been updated to latest firmware.
Note: For the first your phone might take more time to boot, just wait. You’ll also notice your phone might be become slow after the update, all you’ve to do is hard reset your phone by booting into Recovery Mode; Wipe data & Factory reset and delete all caches should make your phone smooth and faster than before.