This is the step-by-step tutorial showing you exactly how you can easily root your T-Mobile LG G4 running on the latest version of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the firmware version H81110n. Root method for LG G4 is really simple and we are going to use the Custom Recovery, TWRP to flash the root files in order to gain root access.
Follow the instructions below to root your LG G4.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This guide is only for the T-Mobile LG G4. Do not try it on another variant it may brick your device.
- Download and install LG G4 USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlock.
- Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
- Download Root files – H811-One-Click.zip
- Download SuperSU packages – SuperSU Package
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
Flashing TWRP on T-Mobile LG G4
- These are the instructions to flash TWRP Recovery on your T-Mobile LG G4.
- Connect your phone to PC via the USB cable.
- Unzip the H811-One-Click.zip file. (Link is given above)
- Run the LG-G4-H811-UNLOCK-TWRP.bat file to flash TWRP recovery.
- Further, allow the USB Debugging request. During this process your phone may reboot.
- Disconnect the device and remove the battery when prompted.
- Put the battery back in and Power on the LG G4.
Congrats! You’ve just installed TWRP Recovery onto your LG G4. Let’s move on to the next section and root your phone.
Root T-Mobile LG G4
Follow the steps below to safely flash the SuperSU package in order to gain root access.
- Copy the SuperSU zip package onto your Phone.
- Reboot LG G4 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume down + Power buttons simultaneously. Further release and press the Power button as the LG logo appears.
- On the next screen, factory reset your phone 2 times when prompt and eventually you’ll enter TWRP menu.
- Finally you can now install the SuperSU.zip file.
- Tap on install and Swipe right to confirm.
That’s it guys, by now you should have safely and successfully root your T-Mobile LG G4. Do let us know and share your own experience in the comment section below.