Moto G was released back in 2014, is a budget by Motorola with some awesome specs when compared with its price. It is packed with 2GB of RAM, Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 processor, 13MP camera, 8GB internal storage and Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
If you’ve been looking for an easy method to root your Moto G 2015 model, here we’ve got you covered. You can now easily root your Moto G 2015 using the SuperSU root method.
Requirements and Guidelines:
Before you root your phone, there are certain guidelines and files you need to download in order to safely gain root access on your phone.
- Rooting your phone voids warranty but at the same time you get to unlock hidden features!
- Backup your data stored on your phone memory.
- Install USB drivers for Moto G. [Download Link]
- You should have already installed Custom Recovery (TWRP or CWM).
- Download SuperSU root package for Moto G 2015 model.
Instructions: Here is how you can easily root Moto G 2015
- I hope you’ve downloaded the SuperSU zip package.
- Copy the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.49.zip file to your phone memory.
- Reboot your phone into into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power keys at the same time.
- From the recovery menu, Choose Flash zip from SD card and select it using Power button. Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”. Browse the Update-SuperSU-v2.49.zip and confirm to flash.
- When SuperSU is flushed successfully, head over to the recovery menu and reboot Moto G by choosing the “Reboot system now“.
That’s it guys, You have now successfully rooted Moto G (2015) running on the latest version of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Do share your experience with us in the comment section.