Follow the step-by-step tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with model numbers SM-T810, SM-G710 and SM-T715 running on Android 5.0.2 and 5.1.1 Lollipop latest firmware builds.
This method involves using the cf auto root method, where we will be using Odin3 to flash custom kernel in order to safely gain root access and certainly it will trip the Samsung Knox warranty.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- This guide is specifically for the mentioned model numbers of the Galaxy Tab S2. Don’t try it on another model it may brick your phone.
- Make backup of your important data. You can try these backup apps.
- Install USB drivers on your PC or download Galaxy Tab S2 drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock on your device available in Developer Options tab in Settings.
- Disable Find my Phone from Settings.
- Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
- Last but not the least, carefully read and follow the instructions to safely root your phone.
1. Download – Odin v3.10
2. Custom root kernel for your specific model of Galaxy Tab S2 running Android 5.0.2:
3. For Android 5.1.1 download these files:
Root Galaxy Tab S2 [SM-T810, SM-T710, SM-T715]
Step 1: Unzip the downloaded files. Make sure that you get the kernel file in tar.md5 format.
Step 2: Power off your Tab S2 and reboot into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume down + Menu + Power buttons simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds. Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin3 flash tool and leave the default settings.
Step 4: Connect your phone to PC via the USB cable.
Step 5: Click on the AP/PDA button in Odin3 and select the kernel file tar.md5
Step 6: Wait for Odin to check the files and then hit the Start button.
Step 7: Once completed, your Tab S2 will automatically reboots and Odin should give you Pass! message.
Step 8: Finally make sure that SuperSU is installed once your Tab boots. If not, then install the SuperSU app from the play store.
Thanks to the XDA developer Chainfire and ashyx for making the root possible. If you do have any queries or need further support you can follow the discussion at xda thread.
That’s it guys, by now you should have gain root access on your Galaxy Tab S2. Do let us know and share your own experience in the comment section below.