Follow the step-by-step guide to flash TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Star Pro for all variants running on stock Samsung rom.
Custom Recovery helps you to get root access, flash custom roms and make full backup of your rom including all data which is called Nandroid Backup. Follow the guide and learn how to install custom recovery.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This guide is for all variants of the Galaxy Star Pro.
- Make backup of your important data using the android backup apps.
- Download and install USB drivers on your PC. Galaxy Star Pro drivers
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
- Last but not the least, carefully read and follow the instructions to safely root your phone.
Flash TWRP Recovery For Samsung Galaxy Star Pro
Step 1: Download Odin v3.10 and unzip/extract the files on your desktop.
Step 2: Download TWRP recovery. and unzip the file to get the tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Power you phone off and reboot into download mode, by pressing and holding the Volume down + Menu + Power buttons simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds. Volume up to confirm.
Step 4: Run Odin3 flash tool and uncheck everything.
Step 5: Connect your phone to PC via the USB cable.
Step 6: Click on the AP button in Odin3 and select the kernel file recovery.tar.md5.
Step 7: Wait for Odin to check the files and then hit the Start button.
Step 8: Once completed, Odin should give you Pass! message confirming that TWRP has been installed on your Galaxy Star Pro.
Step 9: Remove the battery.
Step 10: Reinsert battery and boot into recovery using the key combination Press Power + Volume Up + Home button, and hold till you see the Samsung logo.
That’s it guys, you can verify the installation process by booting into Recovery mode using the instructions given in the step 10. Let us know and share your experience in the comment section.