I have got some good news for the Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530F/FZ users as they can now flash Philz Touch Custom Recovery so that you can get root access, install custom ROMs and Kernels. This step-by-step tutorial will help you to safely flash custom recovery onto your Galaxy Grand Prime.
Without further wasting your time, let’s move on and learn how you can do it. Before your move ahead there are certain guidelines and requirements you need to follow in order to safely complete the procedure.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This guide is only for 2 variants of Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H, G530F, G530M, G530BT and G530FZ. Do not try it on another variant or it may brick your device.
- It is highly recommended that you Backup important data stored on your phone. Though this process does not wipe data.
- Go to Settings> Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC, you can download here.
- Download Philz Touch Recovery from Here.
- Download Odin v3.10
- Last but not the least proceed at your own risk.
How to Flash Philz Touch Recovery
Step 1: First of all download the required files from the above section including the Recovery and Odin files.
Step 2: Reboot Galaxy Grand Prime into Download Mode. Hold down the Volume down + Home + Power buttons for about 3 to 4 seconds.
Step 3: Connect your Galaxy Grand Prime to the PC via its USB data cable. The ID:COM port on Odin will turn Blue and “Added!!” message will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4: Leave the default Odin settings.
Step 5: Click the AP in Odin and locate the cwmo.tar recovery file that you have downloaded earlier.
Step 6: Finally you can flash the Philz Touch CWM Recovery by clicking on the Start button in Odin.
That’s it guys, It was some basic stuff and I hope by now you should have successfully flushed the Custom Recovery on your Grand Prime. Let us know and share your experience in the comment section if you’re confused at any step or having issues while flashing the Philz Recovery.
source – phoneandroid